Please join. Help us to make your voice heard.
There are many important local issues confronting us all now, such as the possible development of greenbelt land and the proposed redevelopment of the Community Centre.
The Residents Association acts for all who live in Amersham-on-the-Hill, Old Amersham, Amersham Common, Chesham Bois and Weedon Hill and has the following objectives:
· To encourage action which improves the quality of life in Amersham, Chesham Bois and the surrounding area;
· To establish effective communication between residents and Local Councils and other agencies;
· To maintain an active, non-party-political, stance in local affairs, in order to represent all residents.
· We monitor planning applications and make relevant comments;
• We provide representation at Planning Appeals to make sure that members’ views are heard;
• We continue to sponsor the maintenance of the Flower Bed in front of the Free Church;
• We provide financial support for the Amersham in Bloom, Christmas lights/festival and other environmental projects in Amersham;
• Our committee members are in regular contact with local Councils to help them to prioritise pot hole repairs, the maintenance of footpaths and other highways matters;
• Our social events provide an opportunity to enjoy a convivial evening with fellow members,
Please join today. The subscription is just £5 per household per year. The greater our numbers, the greater will be our standing in local affairs. We would value your support; your membership would strengthen the Association’s mandate, as we represent your views and opinions.
Chairman – Carolyn Spencer 725094 Carolynmspencer@virginmedia.com
Treasurer and Highways Officer – Geoff Platts 725063 firstname.lastname@example.org
Secretary – Penny King – 722613 email@example.com
Planning Officer – Liz Jones 763695 firstname.lastname@example.org
Environment Officer – Linda Flett 725556 email@example.com
Membership Records – Malcolm Flack 728562 firstname.lastname@example.org
Committee Member – Chris Isles 729113 email@example.com
Committee Member – Rosemary Dean 726517 firstname.lastname@example.org
We are very much in need of more committee members. We really need at least four (but ideally six) more members, so that we have the benefit of a wide selection of opinions at our monthly meetings. Meetings generally take place in the Small Barn Hall at Amersham Community Centre on the third Wednesday of each month at 8.00pm. There is no meeting in August, and the December meeting is usually brought forward to the second Wednesday. (The January meeting generally takes the form of a social evening to which all members are invited.) Meetings generally last between about forty-five minutes and an hour and a half, so committee membership is not an onerous commitment for those who do not take officers’ posts. If you feel that you might be able to contribute, please do come along to a meeting. Guests, whether or not they are already members of ADRA, are always welcome at committee meetings.
Click here to download an Application Form in Microsoft Word format
or Click here to download an Application Form in PDF format
NEWS LETTERS AND OTHER DOCUMENTS
2011 ADRA Newsletter
2010 ADRA Newsletter
2009 ADRA Newsletter
2008 ADRA Newsletter
2007 ADRA Newsletter .
The newsletter is produced in Adobe PDF format. This is a universal format. You will need to install Acrobat reader on your computer to view the file
Download the free Acrobat Reader software by Clicking HERE
This page has been provided free of charge by
This Page Copyright The Amersham & District Residents Association and www.amersham.org.uk.
Any additions, corrections, alterations, please email the web master
To Amersham Home Page
This web site is Copyright - click here for details