Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Seasons Old Amersham

8 posts in this topic

Posted

Breakfast 3 weeks ago was good once we'd sussed out where to sit and the waitress service set up at Seasons. Your Administrator had a very large bacon and sausage sandwich and I had an almond croissant. My one gripe would be that the croissant wasn't warm but mabye that was my fault for not asking. Good to see on the premises that they seem to bake their own quiches and bread products.

Posted

We really like breakfast there, but it does come with a price. For two of us we usually spend around £20. They have a mexican breakfast that is really nice and health.

We don't usually have a problem getting a sit, but it can be busy on the weekends. The also have lovely food to take away and little things like speciality biscuits and things.

Posted

Wow! is this place overpriced or what - £6 to £8 for a simple sandwich. I guess because they've got virtually no competition in the old town they can rip you off! Anyone who eats there must be either rich or desperate!

Posted

I like it there,can highly recommend the cream tea!

Posted

I visit Seasons about once a week, and I feel the need to correct newbie 'ITSMEAGAIN'. I go with my girlfriends, often find it hard to get a table - and do not fall into the rich/desperate category, my friend had the sandwich of the day, with was 6.95, eat in, not takeaway of course, lovely organic bread turkey cranberry and brie cheese, toasted so cheese was all melted - it came with a lovely salad and crisps - so NOT a basic sandwich.their take-away sandwiches that start at about 2.50 for free range egg mayonaisse and cress. My office uses them for business lunches and are always impressed with the service. The only downside is the toilet - outside, more of a privvy really!! :P

Posted

I visit Seasons about once a week, and I feel the need to correct newbie 'ITSMEAGAIN'. I go with my girlfriends, often find it hard to get a table - and do not fall into the rich/desperate category, my friend had the sandwich of the day, with was 6.95, eat in, not takeaway of course, lovely organic bread turkey cranberry and brie cheese, toasted so cheese was all melted - it came with a lovely salad and crisps - so NOT a basic sandwich.their take-away sandwiches that start at about 2.50 for free range egg mayonaisse and cress. My office uses them for business lunches and are always impressed with the service. The only downside is the toilet - outside, more of a privvy really!! :P

I still say that nearly £7 for a sandwich is expensive, even at eat-in prices, and let's face it, turkey and brie are not exactly exotic or expensive fillings these days! I agree about the toilet but I guess it's a listed building and so they probably can't do much about that, but the back seating area is also a bit cramped and tired with no atmosphere or view.

Posted

Not anymore! I agree with the description of the back room when it used to be Carringtons - it's now got all new furniture and paint and mirrors and local artist paintings, and plants/fresh flowers - it's positively jolly! (I'm a fan from even back in the Carringtons days!) :lol: The back room - or 'tea-room' is a double edged sword though, you get (mostly) lovely cooking smells, but if something gets burnt - you smell that too! :o

Posted

Our local cafe makes the national press! The Independant - 50 best cafes in the country:

http://www.independent.co.uk/extras/indybest/food-drink/the-50-best-coffee-shops-1903388.html?action=Popup&ino=22

Also interesting comments on the hidden costs of your cup of coffee (underneath the pictures). Will probably be even harder to get a table now, darn it.