Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Eden Or Lawrence In The Platt C. 1800?

7 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

I'v just discovered that my great grandmother was living in The Platt around 1850+ and hope to find out more but don't know where to start. Any ideas? Do the names Eden or Lawrence ring bells anywhere?Fingers crossed.

Posted · Report post

I'm hearing bells ringing. :)

I'm not born and/or bred in the town though, so I think I'm not relevant to you.

Posted · Report post

I'v just discovered that my great grandmother was living in The Platt around 1850+ and hope to find out more but don't know where to start. Any ideas? Do the names Eden or Lawrence ring bells anywhere?Fingers crossed.

Ho Ho Ho, and a merry Christmas

thanks anywaylaugh.gif

Posted · Report post

I'm hearing bells ringing. :)

It's the time of year. ;)

Posted · Report post

It's the time of year. wink.gif

slap round lug'ole with wet cod also known tongue.gif to produce ringing in ears!

Posted · Report post

Hi,

Its always challenging trying to find relatives for the first. Do you know your great grandmother's Christian Name?

For starters try

http://freereg.rootsweb.com/index.htm or

http://www.freebmd.org.uk/cgi/search.pl

There are a few Lawrences showing up in Amersham around 1850.

You may find a visit to the reference section of Amersham library or the Records office in Aylesbury useful - look for local history books or Tithe records. I would initially avoid genes reunited and other pay per view genealogy sites as you can spend a fortune very easily.

Posted · Report post

Lawrence, I don't know about Lawrences in the area but there were Edens. My ancestor Edward Eden was a master chairmaker living on The Platt in 1863 when he died. His wife, Maria Monck, died in 1847. Edward was born in Amersham to William and Mary Sibley Eden. Both William and Edward had several children who were born and lived in Amersham. I have some parish records. Please contact me and I will try to help.