Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Thai Fusion - Closed Down?

9 posts in this topic

Posted

Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but.....

Drove past Thai Fusion this afternoon and it had a leasehold for sale sign up and think I saw a closed sign as well.

Has it closed????

Posted

Yes, It closed down a couple of weeks ago. I only ever went once. It was a Friday night and apart my wife and I there was only one other couple in the restaurant. The food was very good if a bit pricey and the service was excellent but I don't think it ever attracted sufficient customers. I don't know what went wrong but it's always a shame to see a small business bite the dust.

Posted

I visited once with friends a while ago. I enjoyed it (also thought a bit pricey) was very nice but nothing memorable (I guess if it was I would have gone back) It is always a shame when individual local businesses go, I get fed up with chains in both restaurants and retail chain stores all very same and boring but I guess you will always get a certain standard, which makes you choose them if you are not in your local area.

Does anyone remember the Waterhall a Chinese Restaurant along London Road East in the 80's. Used to love that place (was a DINKY then!!!) whatever happened to that place?

Posted

Does anyone remember the Waterhall a Chinese Restaurant along London Road East in the 80's. Used to love that place (was a DINKY then!!!) whatever happened to that place?

It was even nicer before it became a Chinese. I think it is a private house now.

Posted

We quite liked it when we went there.... good service, good food.... but it was a bit expensive and wasn't very busy... I never did get the "fusion" bit though.

Posted

There's a notice outside saying that Mitchells and Butler are negotiating to take it over and re-open as a 'Vintage Inn', similar to the White Hart in Beaconsfield or the Coy Carp.

Posted

I noticed that workmen were on the site today. The front of the building now has a sign, 'Pomeroy Inn', though I'm not sure whether that is a new name or just an old one that's been uncovered.

PS. Just Googled it. It is the new name and it's due to open on August 1st.

Posted

I've been to the Koi Carp in Harefield a few times (although not for a couple of years) and enjoyed the food and atmosphere. We will definitely try the Pomeroy Inn when it opens.

Posted

I have split this topic and put more recent posts in one specifically about the new Pomeroy Inn. See: Pomeroy Inn topic.