Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

St Andrew's Church?

13 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Sorry, wasn't sure where to post this....

Does anyone know where St Andrew's Church is in Amersham? I want to enrol on an antenatal class run by the NCT, but as I live in Chesham the course in Amersham will be my nearest one, but I can't seem to find a St Andrew's Church on the internet registered in Amersham.

If anyone can tell me where it is I'd be grateful!

Thanks!

Posted · Report post

Jeannie: Congratulations!

I have no idea where St Andrew's is, so maybe it would be easier to contact the NCT to ask exactly where the classes are. I'm sure it will be worth the effort: each group is different, but I found it a wonderful source of information, friends and support not only during pregnancy but for several years afterwards.

Posted · Report post

I'd presume it would be in Hyde Heath, the other St Andrews that I know of is in Quigley Lane/Road in Chorleywood but I've never heard anything in Chorleywood being described as Amersham!

Posted · Report post

The Hyde Heath village web site gives addresses as Amersham although according to Wikipedia the post town is Great Missenden.

Posted · Report post

Ah so this is why I couldn't find it! I have contacted them but no reply as yet.... is Hyde Heath far away from Amersham? Can you get a bus from Chesham or Amersham to Hyde Heath? Not that I know where it is...

Posted · Report post

Does anyone know what street the Church is on? I can't locate it on Googlemaps - or any map for that matter! - and the distance from where I live and transport issues will determine whether I can go or not.

Posted · Report post

is Hyde Heath far away from Amersham?

I haven't been there for ages but if I remember rightly you go along Copperkins Lane (from Amersham) and turn left at the t-junction. If you were driving from Chesham you could drive up Fullers Hill and keep going straight on. However, I don't think you drive!

Posted · Report post

Nope, I don't, I must be one of the only people on the planet that doesn't drive! Just didn't get around to it!

Posted · Report post

the 190 travels from Chesham to Hyde Heath but it's only on Tuesday's and Thursdays and there is only one bus in each direction on those days...

http://www.redlinebuses.com/TT_190.html

Posted · Report post

As an aside there is a bus (voluntary contribution of £2) on Friday's for the over 60's! :D