Sycamore House - Gym To Flats

7 posts in this topic

Posted

There is a planning application CH/2011/1181/FA

Hope this link works for details of application

to change the gym to flats and create new stair tower and other changes.

The gym has not been there long and the application looks as though the whole building on the corner of Sycamore Road and Woodside Road will be improved.

Posted

That was quick! Their fees did seem rather high...

Posted

Think it's been there nearly two years,I'm surprised it's lasted this long.

Posted

Think it's been there nearly two years,I'm surprised it's lasted this long.

Should point out, its only a planning application, so nothing definite, but potentially not good news for users of the gym or the gym themselves, unless they are moving somewhere else.

Posted

My main informant on the goings-on in Amersham said that the guy who runs La Roche Gym is the son of the owner of that parade of shops and the redevelopment has been on the cards for a while. Apparently that is why a few shops (Complete Bedrooms, Holland and Barratt) have relocated. Apparently HSBC are planning to move into one of the vacant units on the other side of the high street (Starbucks perhaps).

All second hand chit-chat of course..

Posted

The application to convert to flats and offices has been turned down, "because planners were concerned about losing a community service": http://www.buckinghamshireexaminer.co.uk/south-bucks-news/local-buckinghamshire-examiner-news/2012/09/20/planning-applications-for-amersham-and-little-chalfont-rejected-114018-31867961/

Posted

Since the building was put up n the 1960s, the time part of it has been a gym has been not long, so we managed without that community facility for ages!