Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Football Kick About

5 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone is looking for an extra squad player for 5-side (or at the weekends 11 aside) team . Looking for a fairly relaxed thing for older players ( am a ripe old 37!).

Alternatively I know friends in other areas where a few dads who don't get to play that often get together for a Sat/Sun kickabout - just wondering if there was something similar in Amersham?

Thanks.

Posted · Report post

Might be interested myself, even if I'm even closer to 40 than you, have almost zero skills and get out of breath having a kickabout with my 5yo son nowadays!

Wife says I need to do something to shift the lbs, I need an excuse to get out of the house occasionally!

Posted · Report post

Sure I've missed the boat, being a few months late posting. However, I'd also be up for playing 5-aside or any type of footie really. I'm probably around the same age/fitness/ability level!

Posted · Report post

Hi Paul,

Not really missed any boat, as didn't get much of a response. However would still be something I would be interested in seeing if could get started on Saturday/Sunday as basically a Dad's kickaround. I know of friends who have mananged organise a kickaround elsewhere. Problem is how to drum up interest or find like minded folk.

As an alternative, you can find a local kickaround through the FA/Mars "just play site". Think it takes place in Amersham on a Thurs at 6pm. Sadly a bit too early for travelling back from London.

Posted · Report post

Likewise.... late entry to this, but if anything ever comes of it, I'd be up for a regular friendly kickabout!