Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Football Kick About

5 posts in this topic

Posted

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone is looking for an extra squad player for 5-side (or at the weekends 11 aside) team . Looking for a fairly relaxed thing for older players ( am a ripe old 37!).

Alternatively I know friends in other areas where a few dads who don't get to play that often get together for a Sat/Sun kickabout - just wondering if there was something similar in Amersham?

Thanks.

Posted

Might be interested myself, even if I'm even closer to 40 than you, have almost zero skills and get out of breath having a kickabout with my 5yo son nowadays!

Wife says I need to do something to shift the lbs, I need an excuse to get out of the house occasionally!

Posted

Sure I've missed the boat, being a few months late posting. However, I'd also be up for playing 5-aside or any type of footie really. I'm probably around the same age/fitness/ability level!

Posted

Hi Paul,

Not really missed any boat, as didn't get much of a response. However would still be something I would be interested in seeing if could get started on Saturday/Sunday as basically a Dad's kickaround. I know of friends who have mananged organise a kickaround elsewhere. Problem is how to drum up interest or find like minded folk.

As an alternative, you can find a local kickaround through the FA/Mars "just play site". Think it takes place in Amersham on a Thurs at 6pm. Sadly a bit too early for travelling back from London.

Posted

Likewise.... late entry to this, but if anything ever comes of it, I'd be up for a regular friendly kickabout!