• Taxi Line
    • Cab Co
    • Don't use taxis
    • Chalfont Taxis
    • Ivy Taxis
    • Crystal Cars
    • Home Jane
    • Any

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

8 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Just doing some market research, if people would be kind enough to vote it would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

Posted · Report post

Perhaps you should have added the option of any. As i tend to use more than one company. And there isn't one that i wouldn't use.

Posted · Report post

Perhaps you should have added the option of any. As i tend to use more than one company. And there isn't one that i wouldn't use.

Ah... didn't think of that, but have added the option now. Thanks

Posted · Report post

Ah... didn't think of that, but have added the option now. Thanks

I tend to use any firm, but always try and use a local one. Some can appear local, but are not in my view. However, although I don't drive, I don't often use taxis as they are too expensive. Being charged £20 early on a Sunday morning from Chesham to Amersham is not somethign I want to have to do to often.

Posted · Report post

I don't use taxis. I rarely drink alcohol so prefer to drive myself.

Saying that, having been a cashier at a petrol station on night shift you get to meet alot of taxi drivers, some of gilberts drivers need to ************* cheer up!

Posted · Report post

I tend to use any firm, but always try and use a local one. Some can appear local, but are not in my view. However, although I don't drive, I don't often use taxis as they are too expensive. Being charged £20 early on a Sunday morning from Chesham to Amersham is not somethign I want to have to do to often.

Unless it was double time you should not have had to pay £20 from Chesham to Amersham. In fact, come to think of it even in double time you shouldn't have had to pay this much. However, it does depend on the mileage how much you pay. From Chesham Station to Amersham Station it's about 2.5 files and in double time would be about £12 - £13

Double time is only Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, Boxing Day, New Year's Eve, New Year's Day and late night/early morning bank holidays.

Posted · Report post

At Chesham or Amersham I just take the first one at the rank. Are the station ranks given out as local monopolies or is it like London with any licenced cab?

Posted · Report post

At Chesham or Amersham I just take the first one at the rank. Are the station ranks given out as local monopolies or is it like London with any licenced cab?

Station taxi ranks in this area are allocated to certain companies. No other companies can use those ranks. We say it's unfair because we are not allowed to pick up from the station ranks. I'm not going to complain too much about it in this thread, I've already done that in the thread below:

Amersham Taxi Ranks

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0