Talking Mobiles Amersham

11 posts in this topic

Posted

Just a warning to anyone planning to use Talking Mobiles phone shop - I really wouldn't! I took my phone there 7 weeks ago to get it unlocked. After several phone calls from me, they finally told me two weeks later that the battery had blown up. Potentially not their fault, but it did happen on their premises. They said they would replace it. I have phoned so many times and nearly been fobbed off with a lesser quality phone replacement. Its a month and a half later and they are 'still having a look out' for a phone replacement for me. Dont go there!! The customer service is appalling!!!

Posted

Ouch, not good.

Hope you aren't on Vodafone, chances are they would've unlocked your handset for free in about 48 hours!

Posted

Sorry to hear about your experience. I've always found them very friendly, knowledgeable and helpful.

Posted

thats a shame as i too have always found they have gone out of their way to be helpful, but you did say the problem you are moaning about was potentially not their fault so your should maybe be grateful they are even trying to help you let alone replace your phone as it sounds like they could have easily denied any responsibility and left you with nothing as im sure most places would.

Posted

All ways very good with me. Installed car kits etc very helpful

Posted

I'm really suprised to see this post, as I've always found the customer service in this shop to be excellent and the staff really friendly and eager to help. I've bought my phones there almost since they opened and never had any problems.

I'll bet any money that the phone was an IPhone, they have a well documented history of the batteries blowing up and destroying the phones, you should be moaning at Apple about this!

You're lucky they're offering to replace it at all, most other shops would tell you to go to Apple for a replacement.

Posted

All ways found them really helpful. They unlocked my IPhone within 30 mins, no damage at all.

Posted

Is it just me, or are there a lot of 'Newbies' on this thread?

Posted

Is it just me, or are there a lot of 'Newbies' on this thread?

Perhaps, but we do keep any eye on this sort of thing. Yes a complaint thread as ones first post might arouse suspicions but equally, the poster might be a long time lurker.

Posted

I've never had any problems - have previously had excellent service from them.

Posted

I have to add that although I've never actually bought a phone from them,they've been very helpful with problems I've had with phones bought elsewhere that developed faults.