Major Train Disruption For Amersham Over Easter

8 posts in this topic

Posted

No tube or Chiltern trains from Amersham Friday to Monday, bus replacement - longer journeys check before you travel http://t.co/ztHr25VW

Posted

It's not as bad as it sounds. All you have to do is drive to Rickmansworth and catch the train from there.

Posted

Annoyingly I don't drive!

Posted

Well who's fault is that? ;-)

How long does the replacement bus take to get to Rickmansworth from Amersham?

Posted

It is no ones fault I don't drive, I am physically not allowed to. It is not just an easy option for some people to just drive to Rickmansworth. Some people have to rely on public transport and having a bus replacment is annoying. I do appreciate that the work has to be done and I do appreciate that doing it at Easter when the number of people using the service is less than doing the work during a workign week. As for the extra time the bus takes, from previosu experiance, it adds about 40 minutes to the journey!

Posted

from previosu experiance, it adds about 40 minutes to the journey!

Now that the roadworks have started on the bridge over the M25 (A404 in Chorleywood) it's going to take substantially longer for the next (approx) 7 weeks!

Posted

Fair enough about not being allowed to. Apologies on that, as I hadn't thought of that scenario.

Re the roadworks: is there a link regarding what they're doing and what areas it's affecting?

Posted

Yesterday they were removing all the traffic lights. I have no idea what they are doing though...