Please take a moment to review these rules detailed below.
Please remember that we are not responsible for any messages posted. We do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message, and are not responsible for the contents of any message.
The messages express the views of the author of the message, not necessarily the views of this bulletin board. Any user who feels that a posted message is objectionable is encouraged to contact us immediately by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We have the ability to remove objectionable messages and we will make every effort to do so, within a reasonable time frame, if we determine that removal is necessary.
You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this bulletin board to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violative of any law. No post should directly, or indirectly promote any illegal activity.
You agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or by this bulletin board.
Any member who is thought to be unsuitable or who posts unwanted items will be removed and banned.
Review what you have written before clicking Add Reply to ensure it follows these principles:
- "Play the ball, not the man", i.e. debate someone's argument, but don't make derogatory comments about the person themselves. What might be written as a "joke" may not be read that way by the target or other forum users.
- The IP address of where a user posts from is recorded by the forum and could be used to trace where the post was made from.
- Don't swear or use offensive words, even if you replace one or two letters with other characters. The forum should be welcoming to all, and appropriate for children and old-fashioned pensioners as well as those with a more liberal vocabulary.
- Anyone who has internet access can read this forum, it is thus public. Only post if you are happy for anyone to read it.
- If posting a link to another site, please include a few words about what the link contains, its key points, and your thoughts on it. Admins will edit or delete posts (on any topic, by any member) that paste the content of entire web pages.
- Try to ensure posts make sense by reading them to check there aren't any missing words etc. Spelling and punctuation don't need to be perfect, but posts do need to be comprehensible if they are to be of interest to everyone.
- Commercial posters should append their posts with their real name (if it's not in their username) and their company name. The signature area is a good place to do this. Have a look in the 'Your Profile' section.
We trust you understand and agree the importance of keeping the forum a happy place for all its users.
The decision of the forum's moderators is final.
Edited by Fran, 19 September 2013 - 01:30 PM.