17 replies to this topic

#1 Kiff

Kiff

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 464 posts

Posted 27 March 2006 - 09:44 AM

On a saturday night at 9:40PM were shockingly bad... brown (overcooked) chips and dry cod..... I should have known better, but they shouldn't serve food if it's substandard....

I'll stick to the little chalfont chippy in future - it's always good. (and staffed by adults) :

#2 Matthew (MPJ/Admin)

Matthew (MPJ/Admin)

Administrator

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,044 posts

Posted 29 March 2006 - 07:29 PM

I'll stick to the little chalfont chippy in future - it's always good. (and staffed by adults) :

Good choice, they have recently finished the work on extending into the next building to provide more tables if you want to eat in
Matthew P Jones
Web Master of www.amersham.org.uk and www.metroland.org.uk

Follow Amershan News & Views on Twitter

Amersham News Views & Information is also on Facebook

Don't forget to read the Forum Rules!

#3 struthie

struthie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 842 posts

Posted 29 March 2006 - 07:48 PM

Yes the little chalfont one is fab,been in there tonight and as you say have extended,they are now doing jacket potatoes etc,well thats what my hubby said anyway!

#4 PaulEden

PaulEden

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 2,710 posts

Posted 30 March 2006 - 01:41 PM

Oh, I walked past it to go in Amersham Kebab last night. I'll check it out soon.

#5 PaulEden

PaulEden

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 2,710 posts

Posted 18 April 2006 - 04:22 PM

As promised, I was here last week. Service was a little slow but the food was good and not expensive.

#6 Kiff

Kiff

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 464 posts

Posted 19 April 2006 - 06:48 AM

What time of day did you go there Paul ? I've had decent chips from there during normal day times hours...

(Still nothing on Little Chalfont Chippy though)

#7 PaulEden

PaulEden

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 2,710 posts

Posted 19 April 2006 - 02:22 PM

I would have been there at about half seven in the evening, I think.

#8 Kiff

Kiff

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 464 posts

Posted 19 April 2006 - 05:36 PM

Normal eating time then :) I did realise I was asking for it at 9:40 PM but still, it was only just edible .

#9 creativechaos

creativechaos

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 May 2006 - 07:12 PM

I must say, I think Nautica is very high quality and pretty reliable. Their fish in particular is beautifully fresh. I agree, a late® night visit probably doesn't do them justice - try it again earlier in the evening and you'll enjoy it

#10 Kiff

Kiff

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 464 posts

Posted 05 May 2006 - 09:49 AM

Maybe... I don't think there's any excuse for serving rubbish later though. I was unimpressed and it made me feel (not for the 1st time in the case of Nautica) that they don;t treat their customers with any respect.

The food really was terrible and me and my wife ended up binning most of it.

#11 richard

richard

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 May 2006 - 02:52 PM

I must say, I think Nautica is very high quality and pretty reliable. Their fish in particular is beautifully fresh. I agree, a lateŽ night visit probably doesn't do them justice - try it again earlier in the evening and you'll enjoy it

I'm with you on this one. The last (and it will be the last) time I had fish and chips at Nautica the fish was disgusting. How hard is it to fry some fish??? Buy fresh fish, cook it for a few minutes, serve it. I think we're far to forgiving of this type of lazy and insulting food in the UK.

#12 johnnytotal

johnnytotal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 12 June 2006 - 11:20 PM

I'm with you on this one. The last (and it will be the last) time I had fish and chips at Nautica the fish was disgusting. How hard is it to fry some fish??? Buy fresh fish, cook it for a few minutes, serve it. I think we're far to forgiving of this type of lazy and insulting food in the UK.

That is a shock i've always had superp food from there, the chips vary with the season but otherwise it's always excellent. In my opinion they serve the best burgers i've ever had (take-away). when i ate at the chippy in little chalfont my chips were incredibly greasy and i wasn't impressed. i've not had chips from there since, jumbo sausage was fine though :D

#13 Kasia

Kasia

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 June 2006 - 08:23 PM

I like food in Nautica! chips sometimes look terible(not like chips from mc donalds-"perfect"?Pamela"s Anderson breast look perfect...( but I dont agree with this :) but what"s inside??, ... but chips in Nautica taste really delicious I hope that all of you understand what I meen... still have some problems with grammar :) sorry for this. P.S: I recommend cheese burger

#14 johnnytotal

johnnytotal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 14 June 2006 - 12:19 PM

P.S: I recommend cheese burger

yeah the cheese burger with onions and relish is superb, ah now i'm getting hungry might now walk into town for lunch

#15 gizmo

gizmo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts
  • Interests:Currently finding a family house in Amersham.

Posted 01 September 2006 - 11:47 AM

The thing about Nautica is the fact that the staff are rather lacking...... They don't treat you with respect, and treat the food in the same way. Go to the Chippy in Chalfont instead.

#16 Eaton

Eaton

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 3,490 posts
  • Interests:Animals, Birds, Reading, Crosswords, Suduko and Cross Stitch

Posted 26 November 2006 - 08:24 PM

When we first moved here in Aug 05, we had Fish and Chips from Nautica about once a month. However, after having had a few meals that weren't very nice and this was at about 7pm on a Friday evening, we started going to Hings in Waterside. The difference is phenomenal, there is always a large queue in Hings, but you only have to wait for 5-10 mins, the food is piping hot and the fish is fantastic. Give it a try, I know it's a bit of a drive away, but it's well worth the time.
Mel and Co

#17 gazza13

gazza13

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 28 November 2006 - 09:54 PM

We've given up on the Nautica, the fish is always old and the chips poor. Best place is Hings in Waterside Chesham. :D

#18 JUWWI

JUWWI

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 10:01 AM

YourChesham site on facebook reporting that Mr Hing of Hings chipshop was attacked in his shop by a group of teenagers on Saturday night. What a dreadful story, had only been in on Sat Lunchtime for a fantastic portion of Chips eaten in the Sun in the garden at the Pheasant.

I hope this does not mean the end for Hings as it really is great fish and chips :(