• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 JonM

JonM

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 March 2008 - 12:49 PM

Can anyone recommend a good and reliable TV aerial installer. Thanks very much.

#2 DonDon

DonDon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 08 March 2008 - 07:56 PM

I know that this doesn't help, but I too asked a very similar question a few months back and got no response.
Someone out there must know - c'mon guys!|!
Don

#3 struthie

struthie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 840 posts

Posted 08 March 2008 - 08:42 PM

There is a guy that lives along one of the roads where Raans school used to be,he installed sky for us,think his name is Dave but don't know name of his company,but he is very good,is that actually any help!

Edited to add sure this is him.

Aerial View
3, Malden Close, Amersham, Buckinghamshire HP6 6UT
Tel: 01494 434050

#4 a t o m i c

a t o m i c

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 764 posts

Posted 08 March 2008 - 10:49 PM

We used "Amersham Aerials", a father and son outfit based in Hyde Heath IIRC. Not the cheapest but they did a nice, quick and clean job.

#5 Matthew (Admin/MPJ)

Matthew (Admin/MPJ)

Advanced Member

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,234 posts

Posted 27 October 2008 - 04:17 PM

Anyone got an update on who to use?

I need some new cable run from my loft aerial to two rooms, one to replace an existing able, the other a new run
Matthew P Jones
Web Master of www.amersham.org.uk and www.metroland.org.uk

Follow Amershan News & Views on src="http://twitter-badges.s3.amazonaws.com/twitter-a.png" alt="Follow Amersham News & Views on Twitter"/>

Amersham News, Views & Information Facebook Page

#6 greg3

greg3

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 February 2009 - 11:01 PM

We've used Aerial View for years. They've always offered good advice and helped to guide us through the ever changing world of television technology. Just had them install Freesat a couple of weeks ago for us and WOW. BBC HD has even made my son interested in nature documentaries! :D

they've got a website these days too www.aerial-view.com , incase you can't find them in one of the books.

Once again, great service!

#7 Speedy

Speedy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 658 posts

Posted 25 February 2009 - 10:02 AM

We used "Amersham Aerials", a father and son outfit based in Hyde Heath IIRC. Not the cheapest but they did a nice, quick and clean job.

I used them as well and my comment is the same.

#8 Thurza Child

Thurza Child

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 08:20 AM

CARE! There are several companies with very similar names. I recently bought my first digital TV and couldn't get all the stations so I started calling around for advice.

Without a visit, Aerial View said I would not get a perfect signal because of my location and that I needed a new, external aerial at a minimum cost of 220 + VAT.
Amersham Aerialsmy impression is that this is NOT a local company despite their name and telephone number) offered to send an engineer - with a call-out fee - but could not not put me in touch with anyone with local knowledge.
Amersham Aerial Fix - a local family business 01494 817818. They came around, no call out fee, solved the problem (lack of booster/power supply box)at a total cost, including VAT,of 176.

Thurza

#9 Duncan

Duncan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 09:22 AM

I'd like to add a note of caution also.

I don't want to name particular companies on here, but when we first moved to the area we got a company to come over and help us resolve our TV reception issues. A local company came out and said that they didn't need to go up on the roof, they plugged in some technical looking gear and deduced that we needed a signal booster in the loft. This was a shade over 100 if I remember rightly.

This didn't really resolve the issue, so we got a second opinion from a national firm. The chap who came out went up on the roof and solved it straight away, the wires from the TV and Radio were crossed, so our TV was effectively plugged in the radio aerial socket. Once he'd corrected the wires we had a fantastic signal and didn't need the booster. His charge was somewhere around 50.

I mentioned the previous incident to him and he said that there is a firm local to Amersham that don't go up on the roof any more (he suspected that the chap may be too old).

Although I'd rather choose a local firm in general, in this case the national chain gave a significantly better service. If opting for a local firm I'd definitely suggest checking whether whoever came out would be able to go up on the roof if the circumstances called for it.

Duncan

#10 GJC

GJC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 265 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 11:28 AM

Worth trying Terry (cant remember surname) on 07523934472. Local lad lives in Amersham, one man band so keen prices
GJC
Posted Image

#11 GJC

GJC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 265 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 05:01 PM

Worth trying Terry (cant remember surname) on 07523934472. Local lad lives in Amersham, one man band so keen prices

Apparently I got the wrong number for Terry. He trades as 1st Class Aerials on 07801 832002.
GJC
Posted Image

#12 smokey

smokey

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 11:51 AM

Amersham Aerial Fix Beware!

Having used this company once before I would definitely NOT recommend them. From what I can gather they are a team of three. The youngest two are the ones that come out to do the work. One of these is rude and arrogant and the other would be better suited to a nightclub bouncers position! They charge an absolute fortune and yet have no idea of what they are doing.

#13 tv bod

tv bod

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 08:18 PM

USE AMERSHAM AERIAL FIX,We've used them for years and so has our family and friends,they are always polite,clean and tidy aswell as doing excelent work,they realy know what they are doing. I did recomend them to a friend recently and they made a big mistake of getting AMERSHAM AERIALS which is not them! so people get the proper company-01494 817818 or 07860266247.

#14 smokey

smokey

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 03:13 PM

And you obviously work for them!

#15 Unremarkable

Unremarkable

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 10:20 AM

We've just had our aerial replaced by Aerial View. We called on Thursday, they came around to have a look at the problem on Friday and fixed the new aerial on Saturday - can't ask better than that. We were very pleased. Job done for £220+VAT.

#16 David P

David P

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,708 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 02:21 PM

We obviously just beat you to it. I called Aerial View on Thursday, they came to see it on Friday morning and fixed it Friday afternoon. Quoted £260 (all in) but then found that the old cable had started cracking so replaced that for just another £20. So we are also very pleased.
David P

#17 PeterC

PeterC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 458 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 03:51 PM

I need some new cable run from my loft aerial to two rooms,

If you don't need to go on the roof wiring co-axial cable is a pretty basic piece of DIY. No more difficult that wiring a plug and a good deal safer.

You might need to go to somewhere like Maplin if you need a signal booster but any decent electrical supplier should have cable, sockets, plugs and splitters.
PeterC aka Chilternbirder

#18 Pinkrobin

Pinkrobin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 03:21 PM

I have just used Amersham Aerial Fix whose motto on their business card is "service as it used to be". I'd have to agree.
Having read the negative comment above (made anonymously several years ago - by a insecure competitor perhaps?!) I was worried after booking them as to what sort of person would arrive. Yes, the man who turned up does indeed look like a bouncer - but that's irrelevant - he was very friendly, courteous, efficient and cleaned up after himself. He charged the amount we had been quoted over the phone - no sudden hidden extras or expensive complications. I am now the proud owner of a tv in the bedroom that finally works and will not hesitate to recommend their company to anyone who needs their services.

#19 oldman

oldman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 07:19 AM

I have used Amersham Aerial Fix twice. The first time was many years ago when it was just the boss. He was pleasant enough and did the job although I remember he was quite expensive. The second time I used them was recently and never again. They charged more than I had been quoted to sort my signal out and when I questioned this I felt intimidated and threatened. A couple of months on and the signal has gone again! Never ever again!

I called Aerial View, they came out and sorted the problem for a very modest fee. I would certainly recommend them.