• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 NicV

NicV

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 06 April 2008 - 07:51 PM

Hello everybody! My name is Nicola and I'm rajv's wife.

I'm a British Wheel of Yoga student teacher and am currently setting up a beginners' yoga class in the Amersham area.

If enough people are interested I'll set up a weekly session in the evening or possibly at weekends. Classes are one and a half hours long and cover posture work, breathing, relaxation and meditation.

If you would prefer to practise yoga in the comfort of your own home I can also arrange home visits on a 1:1 or small group basis as long as there is adequate space for up to 4 yoga mats.

If you'd like to find out more please contact me via this website.

#2 Eaton

Eaton

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 3,487 posts
  • Interests:Animals, Birds, Reading, Crosswords, Suduko and Cross Stitch

Posted 06 April 2008 - 08:47 PM

Hi Nicola and welcome to the site

I did some yoga for a while but had to give it up, partly because the hall was extremely cold and I used to walk out crippled with rheumatism bought on through the cold. I presume that you intend to do the classes in the evening and would be interested to know more once it is arranged.
Mel and Co

#3 Char83

Char83

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts
  • Interests:Comedy clubs!

Posted 21 April 2008 - 10:19 AM

Hi Nicola,

I would be very interested in attending beginner's Yoga classes. I have done pilates before, but since I work in London but live in Amersham, I have found it hard to find classes that tie in with my schedule as most start around 7pm. If you do classes at weekends or on weekdays at around 8pm, I'd be keen to attend.

Best wishes,

Charlotte

#4 NicV

NicV

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 27 April 2008 - 12:55 PM

Hi,

I tried to reply to the two messages replying to my post but they don't seem to have appeared :blink: Apologies for that.

Thanks to both of you for letting me know you are interested in the yoga classes. At the moment I'm waiting to see whether there are more people interested so will get back to you when I know more. If you have any friends you think would be interested as well then please do let them know so that I can start looking for a venue.

Classes are most likely to be at 8pm one weekday evening. I hope that suits.

Hopefully be in touch very soon. If anyone would like more information I've created an email address that anyone can contact me on. This is nicolayoga@yahoo.co.uk

Thanks,
Nicola

Hi Nicola,

I would be very interested in attending beginner's Yoga classes. I have done pilates before, but since I work in London but live in Amersham, I have found it hard to find classes that tie in with my schedule as most start around 7pm. If you do classes at weekends or on weekdays at around 8pm, I'd be keen to attend.

Best wishes,

Charlotte

#5 lillyloo

lillyloo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 11 June 2008 - 10:33 AM

Hi,

I tried to reply to the two messages replying to my post but they don't seem to have appeared :blink: Apologies for that.

Thanks to both of you for letting me know you are interested in the yoga classes. At the moment I'm waiting to see whether there are more people interested so will get back to you when I know more. If you have any friends you think would be interested as well then please do let them know so that I can start looking for a venue.

Classes are most likely to be at 8pm one weekday evening. I hope that suits.

Hopefully be in touch very soon. If anyone would like more information I've created an email address that anyone can contact me on. This is nicolayoga@yahoo.co.uk

Thanks,
Nicola

Hi Nicola,

i was just wondering if you managed to set up the yoga class yet, if you have is it possible to have some details.

I did try to email you but it didnt work.

Many Thanks Corrine

#6 nicknick

nicknick

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted 11 June 2008 - 11:44 AM

Hi Nicola,

i was just wondering if you managed to set up the yoga class yet, if you have is it possible to have some details.

I did try to email you but it didnt work.

Many Thanks Corrine

Hello,
I have also sent an email but it bounced back.
I'd love to know more about beginners yoga classes and would love to join,
Many thanks
Nicky

#7 NicV

NicV

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 12 June 2008 - 01:01 PM

Apologies everyone - it seems I typed the email address incorrectly. This should be yoganicola@yahoo.co.uk.

It's really great to hear that people are interested in coming along to some classes so I'm going to look into finding a suitable venue. I'd like to run a class on Thursday evening at around 8pm - cost will hopefully be competitive as I just need to cover costs whilst I'm still training. Classes are usually 90 minutes and including breathing, relaxation and posture work.

Initally I'll probably run a six week course so there is a break for the summer holidays.

If you do have any specific questions then try the email address again :rolleyes: or contact me via this site. Otherwise, I'll post more details when I have them.

#8 NicV

NicV

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 06 July 2008 - 11:04 AM

Hello,

I now have full details of the yoga class I will be running. Details are listed below.

If you are interested, please email me at yoganicola@yahoo.co.uk and I will send through an enrolement form. Initially, I'm planning a four week taster course followed by a two week break for the summer holiday. Classes would then resume in September.

Venue: Amersham Free Church (the room I have is fully carpeted so it should be nice and comfortable)
Time: 8.00 pm until 9.30 pm on Thursday nights, starting from 24 July until 7 August inclusive
Cost: Introductory price of 24 for the full four weeks (only 6 per week)

Please let me know if you are interested and I'll send through an enrolement form.

I hope to hear from you all soon.

Thanks,
Nicola

#9 NicV

NicV

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 06:43 PM

A quick reminder that my yoga classes start next Thursday, so please remember to send your enrolment forms back to guarantee a place (thanks to those of you who have already done so).

If you still need an enrolment form you can contact me at: yoganicola@yahoo.co.uk or download a form in the contact section on www.freewebs.com/yoganicola

I look forward to seeing you there!

Nicola

#10 NicV

NicV

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 08 August 2008 - 02:01 PM

Following on from the previous course advertised, I'm now starting a new beginners course in September.

Classes are on Thursday evenings at Amersham Free Church starting from 4 September 2008. All abilities are welcome and the classes cost only 30 for five weeks (6 per week).

For more information visit www.freewebs.com/yoganicola or email me at yoganicola@yahoo.co.uk

Spaces will be limited so please book in advance. An enrolment form is attached or can be downloaded from my website.

Attached File  Enrolment_form__Sept_2008_.doc   38.5KB   0 downloads

I hope to see you there!

Nicola

#11 hyposmurf

hyposmurf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,491 posts

Posted 08 August 2008 - 10:32 PM

Any idea how yoga could be used to compliment the weight training I do?Can it be used to help increase muscle size and definition?Maybe the flexibility would help with increased blood flow and help recovery.Any info I'd be greatly interested.I was going o try yoga out with my girlfriend at our gm but thy changed the session to daytime whih is useless.My girlfriend is forever twisting an bending about,so Im sure she'd enjoy yoga,together with the benefits of increased relaxation.

#12 NicV

NicV

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 09 August 2008 - 10:18 AM

Hi,

Yoga won't increase muscle size necessarily but it does help to tone whilst maintaining and increasing flexibility that can be lost through intensive weight training. It's also good to practise yoga in conjuction with any sport or training programme as increased flexibility can help to avoid injury.

I'd recommend giving yoga a try - and see what you think.

Any idea how yoga could be used to compliment the weight training I do?Can it be used to help increase muscle size and definition?Maybe the flexibility would help with increased blood flow and help recovery.Any info I'd be greatly interested.I was going o try yoga out with my girlfriend at our gm but thy changed the session to daytime whih is useless.My girlfriend is forever twisting an bending about,so Im sure she'd enjoy yoga,together with the benefits of increased relaxation.

#13 NicV

NicV

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 30 August 2008 - 05:57 PM

A quick reminder that my yoga class starts Thursday (4 Sept). If you're interested and haven't done so already please make sure you book your place (I have only a couple of spaces remaining).

Look forward to seeing you there.

Nicola
(yoganicola@yahoo.co.uk)

#14 NicV

NicV

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 17 September 2008 - 08:37 AM

I have a new yoga course starting on 9 October - if you are interested, please email me at yoganicola@yahoo.com or visit the website www.freewebs.com/yoganicola where you can download an enorolment form.

Booking is essential, so please get in touch to guarantee a space. :)

#15 crucible

crucible

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 September 2008 - 02:34 PM

Hi Nicki

I would definitaly be interested in joining your beginners yoga class. I have recently been looking for a class locally. A weekend class could also be really useful as i work full time.

Good luck

#16 NicV

NicV

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 02:33 PM

I have a new yoga course starting next Thursday (8th January) for 10 weeks.

There are only a couple of spaces left, but if you're interested please contact me on 07754 269878 to reserve a place. Alternatively, you can contact me via email yoganicola@yahoo.co.uk or through this website.

The cost is only 60 for the 10 weeks (6 per week) and classes are at the Amersham Free Church every Thursday at 8pm.

Many thanks,
Nicola

#17 NicV

NicV

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 21 March 2010 - 03:47 PM

Interested in taking up Yoga? If you are, I have a new block of classes starting 8th April 2010.

Classes are held very Thursday night at Amersham Free Church on Woodside Road. Please call or email to book a place.

Tel: 07754 269878
Email: yoganicola@yahoo.co.uk

To view class details please download the attached file.

Attached File  Green shoots yoga - advert (landscape).gif   212.44KB   15 downloads

Thanks,
Nicola

#18 NicV

NicV

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 07 June 2010 - 02:12 PM

Hi,

I am now taking bookings for my next set of yoga classes starting on 17th June. Term dates are below so please get in touch if you want me to reserve a space for you. Just a reminder - the classes are mixed ability so suitable for everyone. I provide all mats, blocks and other equipment, so no need to worry about buying equipment in advance.

I hope you are interested, and look forward to seeing some of you at my class. Any questions or special requirements please let me know and I will do my best to accomodate.

For more information please call on 07754 269878 or email yoganciola@yahoo.co.uk

Summer term: 17 June 2010 - 12 August 2010 (9 week, cost = 63)
Autumn term: 2 September 2010 - 16 December 2010 (15 weeks, cost = 105, payment options available)

Kind regards,
Nicola

#19 NicV

NicV

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 15 August 2010 - 03:43 PM

Hi,

Just a quick reminder that I am now taking bookings for the Autumn term:

2 September 2010 - 16 December 2010 (15 weeks, cost = 105, payment options available).

If you are interested please let me know either by email yoganicola@yahoo.co.uk or phone 07754 269878. I'll be happy to answer any questions you might have.

Thanks,
Nicola

#20 NicV

NicV

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 02 January 2011 - 05:57 PM

Hi,

I have a new block of yoga classes starting on Thursday, 6 January 2011. As always, classes are at the Amersham Free Church on Woodside Road, and start at 8pm.

Any questions, please do get in touch via email (yoganicola@yahoo.co.uk), phone (07754 269878), or through this forum.

Current term dates are: 6 January until 31 March (12 weeks - excluding 27 January when there will be no class). Cost is still 7 per week, 84 for the 12 week term).

Yoga is a great way to relax, improves general wellbeing, fitness and flexibility - perfect for dealing with a busy new year.

Kind regards,
Nicola

#21 NicV

NicV

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 01:45 PM

Hi All,

I hope you have all had a great Christmas and New Year. I have a new block of yoga classes starting on Thursday 5th January.

If you would like me to book a place for you please call on 07754 269878 or email yoganicola@yahoo.co.uk (or contact me through this forum). January is a great time to either start something new or pick up where you left off - and yoga is the perfect way to relax after a busy day.

As always, we are at the Amersham Free Church on Thursday nights (starting at 8pm). The cost is still only £7 per week (£77 for the 11 weeks in this upcoming term).

Dates are: 5 January 2012 through to 29 March 2012 (excluding 19th and 26th January)

I look forward to seeing you soon.

Kind regards,
Nicola

#22 NicV

NicV

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 05:36 PM

Hello Again,

I have a block of classes starting next Thursday, so if your interested, please contact me as soon as possible to book a place.

The current dates are as follows:
12 April - 26 July (14 weeks in total to account for extra bank holidays this year)
NO classes on 10th and 17th May

The cost is still £7 per week, which is £98. If you introduce someone else and they book for the term, I will give you two free lessons :o)

I look foward to seeing you soon and hope you all enjoy the rest of the Easter weekend.

Kind regards,
Nicola

Contact me via this forum, by email (yoganicola@yahoo.co.uk) or phone (07754 269878)

#23 NicV

NicV

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 04:40 PM

Hi,

I am now taking bookings for my next block of classes. Please let me know if you'd like me to reserve a place for you. The dates are:

Autumn term: Thursday, 23 August until 25 October (10 weeks) - £70
Winter term: Thursday, 1 November until 20 December (8 weeks) - £56

As always, we will be at Amersham Free Church, 8pm every Thursday evening. Any questions at all please let me know. Otherwise I look forward to hearing from you shortly.

Nicola

Contact me via this forum, by email (yoganicola@yahoo.co.uk) or phone (07754 269878)

#24 NicV

NicV

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 02:51 PM

Happy New Year!

My next block of yoga classes will be starting next week, so please get in touch to book you place. The term dates are:

10 January - 21 March (excluding 31 January when there will be no class). That's 10 weeks in total so £70 (still only £7 per week - a real bargain!)

As always, we're at the Amersham Free Church every Thursday night from 8pm.

The first session will include a long relaxation known as yoga nidra, so a great way to kick off the new year and escape the hectic pace of life.

Please call on 07754 269878 or email yoganicola@yahoo.co.uk to book your place.

#25 NicV

NicV

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 10:38 AM

Hello Again.

My next block of yoga classes will be starting next week, please get in touch to book you place. New term dates are:

4 April - 20 June - that's 12 weeks in total so £84 (still only £7 per week!)

As always, we're at the Amersham Free Church every Thursday night from 8pm.

For more details click on this link http://www.green-sho...snearyou.co.uk/

I look forward to seeing you soon.

Kind regards,
Nicola