• This topic is locked This topic is locked
44 replies to this topic

#31 147

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 749 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 03:02 PM

The new train should be around on sunday between Watford and Neasden.

#32 Bengley

Bengley

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 09:06 PM

Here are some pictures I took of the new train today while it was being tested, just south of Northwood. And yes, Adrian! I was spotting a train!

Posted Image Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#33 hyposmurf

hyposmurf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,497 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 09:36 PM

Oooohhh!Very nice.I take it the two circles on the roof of the carriages, would likely be the AC air oulet.It looks driverless i the last two picks or is the train moving away from you, thus the back or stationary?I had a feeling youd be out having a look Bengley. :) Thanks for the photos.

#34 Bengley

Bengley

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 09:39 PM

Oooohhh!Very nice.I take it the two circles on the roof of the carriages, would likely be the AC air oulet.It looks driverless.I had a feeling youd be out having a look Bengley. :) Thanks for the photos.

The whole thing on the roof is the AC unit! If you look at the A stock, there's nothing at all on the roof. It looks driverless because the pictures which you can see into the cab in are of the back of the train :lol:

#35 hyposmurf

hyposmurf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,497 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 10:13 PM

The whole thing on the roof is the AC unit! If you look at the A stock, there's nothing at all on the roof. It looks driverless because the pictures which you can see into the cab in are of the back of the train :lol:

Yeh I thought it was guessed that they were the outlets from the condensers.Im curious though how effective the AC will be if the train has to sit in a tunnel during rush hour.This happened to me numerous times whilst working in London in rush hour during the summer it wasnt much fun.Something that wouldve made these S stock great would have been a WC.Its a long journey to travel with no WC,Chiltern have them and they are very handy,better than having to get off the train early and locate a open station WC.Yes had a feeling it maybe the back, but it was said to be driverless,so thought they may have been trying it out with the driver there, but out of view.

#36 Bengley

Bengley

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 10:59 PM

Yeh I thought it was guessed that they were the outlets from the condensers.Im curious though how effective the AC will be if the train has to sit in a tunnel during rush hour.This happened to me numerous times whilst working in London in rush hour during the summer it wasnt much fun.Something that wouldve made these S stock great would have been a WC.Its a long journey to travel with no WC,Chiltern have them and they are very handy,better than having to get off the train early and locate a open station WC.Yes had a feeling it maybe the back, but it was said to be driverless,so thought they may have been trying it out with the driver there, but out of view.

The systems to run the train with no driver aren't installed on the tracks at the moment and probably won't be for a long time.

Also, those of you worried about the noise cancelling of the trees, you needn't be worried because this train was VERY quiet. It was almost as if it was gliding.

#37 HP6

HP6

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 11:49 AM

Something that wouldve made these S stock great would have been a WC.Its a long journey to travel with no WC,Chiltern have them and they are very handy,better than having to get off the train early and locate a open station WC.

That didn't bother one passenger I saw the other day. The doors at the end of the carriage kept being opened, then slammed. I shouldn't have turned round.

#38 hyposmurf

hyposmurf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,497 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 07:20 PM

Rumour has it that one is in now in service!!! :D

Air-Conditioned Tube Makes Public Debut

#39 147

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 749 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 12:08 PM

Rumour has it that one is in now in service!!! :D

Air-Conditioned Tube Makes Public Debut

Certainly is however when Boris and his chums went to get on the doors wouldn't open. There is also footage on you tube of the same thing happening when the train arrived back at Wembley Park on its southbound trip.

#40 hyposmurf

hyposmurf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,497 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 07:50 PM

Hopefully just teething troubles.Has anyone been on it yet?Whats it like?

#41 Matthew (MPJ/Admin)

Matthew (MPJ/Admin)

Administrator

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,996 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 11:24 AM

Hopefully just teething troubles.Has anyone been on it yet?Whats it like?

At the moment there is only one train available for passenger use and it is only cleared to run between Wembley and Watford.
Other trains will follow and they will be cleared for more parts of the line as the testing continues.
Matthew P Jones
Web Master of www.amersham.org.uk and www.metroland.org.uk

Follow Amershan News & Views on Twitter

Amersham News Views & Information is also on Facebook

Don't forget to read the Forum Rules!

#42 Matthew (MPJ/Admin)

Matthew (MPJ/Admin)

Administrator

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,996 posts

Posted 29 August 2010 - 11:09 AM

For those interested, quite a good video of inside the new trains at

The_New_London_Underground_S_stock__the_final_edit
Matthew P Jones

Follow Amershan News & Views on Twitter

Amersham News Views & Information is also on Facebook

Don't forget to read the Forum Rules!

#43 hyposmurf

hyposmurf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,497 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 08:20 PM

So is there any news on the next new met train?As far as I remember there has only been one that serves the Watford branch.Any idea when it will be?I've not been on the met for a while now.

#44 147

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 749 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 08:28 PM

Another S stock was delivered last night, I think that makes 4 at Neasden now. There is a timetabled service train that leaves Watford around midday, and and empty stock run to Amersham about 8.30 pm. I think we will see more of them on the road when the Leaf Fall Timetable finishes in December.

#45 Matthew (Admin/MPJ)

Matthew (Admin/MPJ)

Advanced Member

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,234 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 08:40 AM

Topic closed, some posted moved to

http://www.amersham....?showtopic=3877
Matthew P Jones

Follow Amershan News & Views on src="http://twitter-badges.s3.amazonaws.com/twitter-a.png" alt="Follow Amersham News & Views on Twitter"/>

Amersham News, Views & Information Facebook Page