Photo

Does Anyone Know A Place In Amersham That Does Passport Photos?

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Char83

Char83

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts
  • Interests:Comedy clubs!

Posted 09 January 2009 - 01:32 PM

Happy new year everyone?

Does anybody know somewhere in Amersham (or in the vicinity) where I would be able to get passport photos done? (I know there used to be a booth in the big Tescos but it seems to have vanished).

Thanks,

Char :-)

#2 Fran

Fran

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 5,171 posts
  • Interests:Reading, writing about reading, theatre, film, restaurants, walking through woodland, Scrabble.

Posted 09 January 2009 - 01:47 PM

The photographic shop that is a unit or two away from M&S and Boots in AotH is good. It's not a booth, but it's just as quick.

Be aware that the rules for passport photos are now very strict indeed and it's not uncommon for people to fill out the form and have it rejected because of the photo. However, as it's being done by a real person, you should have a better chance of getting one that's OK.

#3 mvjt

mvjt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 01:48 PM

I was just about to say Tesco as that is where I had mine done just before Christmas.... it was right down the end.

There is always the photographer on Sycamore Road near Boots?

#4 Zoom

Zoom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 821 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 04:45 PM

Is there a booth at the station ?

#5 Cutiecat

Cutiecat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 06:00 PM

I had my photos done at the photographers next to M&S and they were very good. They also said that if my photos were rejected by the passport office they would do them again for free. They were fine so I am confident they know what they are doing. Was also not much more than the booth and ready in super quick time.

#6 Paul Capewell

Paul Capewell

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 365 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 07:33 PM

Yes, that photographic shop comes highly recommended for all sorts of things, but my mum got some passport photos done there this week and was very pleased with everything.

#7 roob_the_doob

roob_the_doob

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 600 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 02:50 PM

Woolies has a photo booth. Oh, wait...

#8 Alan

Alan

Alan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,540 posts
  • Interests:Family, Computers, the country side, the good life, pest control (Old Bill Pest Control) & anything diffrent

Posted 10 January 2009 - 03:02 PM

Woolies has a photo booth. Oh, wait...

Did you buy it? :rolleyes:

#9 Ado

Ado

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 226 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 05:14 PM

If you have a digital camera you can do them online with passpics.com. I did mine with a little 3 megapixel camera and it was fine.

#10 Char83

Char83

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts
  • Interests:Comedy clubs!

Posted 19 January 2009 - 02:03 PM

Thanks everybody! I popped along to the place next to Boots on Saturday and a very friendly chap took my photo. As you mentioned, they will re-do the photos for free if you find that the passport application does not accept them.
Char

#11 SallyH

SallyH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 09:45 AM

The former photo studio near M&S where Hobs the hair salon now resides used to take passport photos. Where else could I have a set of passport photos taken locally.

#12 Old Resident

Old Resident

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 135 posts
  • Interests:Cake decorating and anything to do with cooking.

Posted 12 August 2010 - 01:10 PM

The former photo studio near M&S where Hobs the hair salon now resides used to take passport photos. Where else could I have a set of passport photos taken locally.

Opposite the Hobs hair salon, I saw an advertisement yesterday for"passport photos taken here"...could have been the shoe repairers shop. Or the old Woolworth (Wellworths?) has a booth for taking your own passport photo.

#13 SallyH

SallyH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 13 August 2010 - 06:54 PM

Opposite the Hobs hair salon, I saw an advertisement yesterday for"passport photos taken here"...could have been the shoe repairers shop. Or the old Woolworth (Wellworths?) has a booth for taking your own passport photo.

Thanks for that. I tried it - Timpsons - and approx 5 mins later I had a full set of passport photos of my son.