Photo

Does Anyone Know What Type Of Development Is Going On On The A413?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 mitzi

mitzi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 05:21 PM

As I drive home along the A413 toward Great Missenden, there always seems to be cars/lorries on the left handside before the row of terraced houses. I've craned my neck to see what is behind the big brick wall... any ideas? New garden centre maybe?! :)

#2 Fran

Fran

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 5,206 posts
  • Interests:Reading, writing about reading, theatre, film, restaurants, walking through woodland, Scrabble.

Posted 27 March 2009 - 06:39 PM

Work has been going on for ages, but nothing has risen above the height of the wall, despite some blocks and slabs being stacked outside. I did get a slight glimpse through the gates a couple of times lately and it looks as if there is something being built low down, perhaps a sunken garden or a pool - but that is just a guess. I doubt very much it would be a garden centre, which would require major changes to access onto a dual carriageway, or indeed anything very large.

#3 Cutiecat

Cutiecat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 03 December 2009 - 09:17 PM

I happened to see this on Google Earth recently and it is a cleared site according to the probably old photo. I am not sure how we could check for planning applications as i am not sure what the address is there.

#4 Eaton

Eaton

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 3,490 posts
  • Interests:Animals, Birds, Reading, Crosswords, Suduko and Cross Stitch

Posted 03 December 2009 - 09:38 PM

I happened to see this on Google Earth recently and it is a cleared site according to the probably old photo. I am not sure how we could check for planning applications as i am not sure what the address is there.

I think I'm right in saying that if there are any properties nearby and you can find out their address then you can search through that address for neighbouring planning applications within certain distances.
Mel and Co

#5 David P

David P

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,762 posts

Posted 03 December 2009 - 10:52 PM

BucksMaps on the Bucks CC website will show you where all the planning applications are (just about everywhere in some areas). Given the address you can then look at the planning applications on the Chiltern DC website. I think the one being discussed here must be CH/2009/0364/FA - conversion of a barn to a two storey dwelling.
David P

#6 Cutiecat

Cutiecat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 24 May 2010 - 05:13 PM

This has just come on the market:

House on A413

Any comments?

#7 hyposmurf

hyposmurf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,501 posts

Posted 24 May 2010 - 06:48 PM

Proposed HS2? Shardeloes was mentioned before as possibly being close to the proposed line.Also noticed other around their on the market.I havent checked the proposed route against this property, so could well be wrong.