Matthew (Admin/MPJ)

Advanced Member

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,234 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 12:47 PM

There is a planning application - CH/2009/0913/FA

for change of use to hot food take away and flue system at 11 Woodside Road

So, looks like we can go and get fit at the new gym and then get a take away afterwards!

Is a take away on Woodside Road needed?
Matthew P Jones
Web Master of www.amersham.org.uk and www.metroland.org.uk

Follow Amershan News & Views on src="http://twitter-badges.s3.amazonaws.com/twitter-a.png" alt="Follow Amersham News & Views on Twitter"/>

Amersham News, Views & Information Facebook Page

#2 Eaton

Eaton

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 3,490 posts
  • Interests:Animals, Birds, Reading, Crosswords, Suduko and Cross Stitch

Posted 29 July 2009 - 06:39 PM

So, looks like we can go and get fit at the new gym and then get a take away afterwards!

It appears that this application has been refused, due in part to their concerns about customers parking on the zigzag lines for the zebra crossing, which is a bit bizarre when you think that there is a car park behind the shop and some spaces in the drive through into the car park, or customers could always do what the flooring company does and park on the pavement!
Mel and Co

#3 Matthew (Admin/MPJ)

Matthew (Admin/MPJ)

Advanced Member

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,234 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 07:11 PM

It appears that this application has been refused, due in part to their concerns about customers parking on the zigzag lines for the zebra crossing, which is a bit bizarre when you think that there is a car park behind the shop and some spaces in the drive through into the car park, or customers could always do what the flooring company does and park on the pavement!

Seems a strange reason to refuse, on the grounds that people will break the law to use it. Perhaps we should not build new roads as people may break the speed limit!
Matthew P Jones
Web Master of www.amersham.org.uk and www.metroland.org.uk

Follow Amershan News & Views on src="http://twitter-badges.s3.amazonaws.com/twitter-a.png" alt="Follow Amersham News & Views on Twitter"/>

Amersham News, Views & Information Facebook Page

#4 Fran

Fran

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 5,192 posts
  • Interests:Reading, writing about reading, theatre, film, restaurants, walking through woodland, Scrabble.

Posted 30 July 2009 - 11:54 AM

It appears that this application has been refused

No, or at least, not yet. Maybe some people will object on grounds of parking, but the application was only validated last week and CDC haven't even set a date for when they will decide. However, the submission mentions that a previous application was refused, but that related to the extraction system - no mention of parking.

See direct link to CH/2009/0913/FA.

If it gets permission, I wonder what sort of food it will sell; Amersham doesn't seem lacking in choice, unless you're a fan of McDonalds et al.

#5 Eaton

Eaton

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 3,490 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 11:57 AM

No, or at least, not yet. Maybe some people will object on grounds of parking, but the application was only validated last week and CDC haven't even set a date for when they will decide. However, the submission mentions that a previous application was refused, but that related to the extraction system - no mention of parking.

See direct link to CH/2009/0913/FA.

Doh!! I looked through the application last night (although obviously not closely enough) and the only one I found was from earlier this year when it was refused. I wonder what sort of Take Away it will be?
Mel and Co

#6 Alan

Alan

Alan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,540 posts
  • Interests:Family, Computers, the country side, the good life, pest control (Old Bill Pest Control) & anything diffrent

Posted 01 August 2009 - 02:31 PM

It would be interesting, however spoke to a member of staff at the Pheasant today and it appears it will be changing to a Thai Restaurant, sorry if that's elsewhere, just been busy.

#7 Eaton

Eaton

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 3,490 posts

Posted 08 February 2010 - 09:18 PM

Conditional permission has been granted. See: CH/2009/1861/FA for details.

The same objections were raised, ie. the flue system but the plans have been altered to correct this and parking on the zigzags by the zebra crossing.
Mel and Co

#8 Peter1

Peter1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 08 February 2010 - 09:42 PM

what type of take away is planned? - a good thai would be nice!!

#9 Eaton

Eaton

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 3,490 posts

Posted 09 February 2010 - 05:56 AM

what type of take away is planned? - a good thai would be nice!!

It doesn't say on the planning application but I've heard through the grapevine that it will be a chippy.
Mel and Co

#10 Eaton

Eaton

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 3,490 posts

Posted 02 October 2010 - 01:30 PM

I noticed this week that work has started on this shop. It certainly looks like a take away but at the moment I don't know what sort.
Mel and Co

#11 Old Resident

Old Resident

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts
  • Interests:Cake decorating and anything to do with cooking.

Posted 03 October 2010 - 06:22 AM

I noticed this week that work has started on this shop. It certainly looks like a take away but at the moment I don't know what sort.

Yesterday, I was told by one of the men working on site that it is to be a fish and chip shop. However,I don't know if this is true or just gossip !

#12 Milton

Milton

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 111 posts
  • Interests:Cricket, music, travel.

Posted 03 October 2010 - 11:11 AM

I believe that's true. The new (ish) barber next door said so last time I got my haircut there.

#13 GJC

GJC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 265 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 11:18 AM

I believe that's true. The new (ish) barber next door said so last time I got my haircut there.

I heard that it was to be a fish and chip shop in the week after the health food shop closed.

Hope it is true because whilst the fish is quite averagely acceptable at the present shop, the chips are too soggy and fatty for my liking. My wife and I have had fish and chips on a Friday night for most of our (40+ years) married life, but since we came here 6 years ago we have not found a local shop that suits us and now only have f&c when we are visiting another location.
GJC
Posted Image

#14 mvjt

mvjt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 328 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 11:38 AM

Hope it is true because whilst the fish is quite averagely acceptable at the present shop, the chips are too soggy and fatty for my liking. My wife and I have had fish and chips on a Friday night for most of our (40+ years) married life, but since we came here 6 years ago we have not found a local shop that suits us and now only have f&c when we are visiting another location.

Have you tried the chips at the kebab shop just up from the fish & chip shop? If you like them you could mix and match! My son is a fan of the f&c battered sausages, but not their chips so we do just that (it doesn't take much longer)!

#15 carkeyz

carkeyz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 12:34 PM

I heard that it was to be a fish and chip shop in the week after the health food shop closed.

Try the one in Little Chalfont, next door to the party shop, best one in the area if you ask me :)
Bang Tidy Cleaning Services

We LOVE to do the jobs you Hate....

www.bangtidycleaningservices.co.uk

#16 147

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 754 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 12:43 PM

I've had two really bad experiences at the Chalfont one and wouldn't go a third time. The one in hill Avenue does a wonderful Rock, but must agree the chips are rubbish. Even Hings in Waterside who won national awards are not as good as they were.

#17 Rayhoop

Rayhoop

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 228 posts
  • Interests:cars + track days, scuba, nature,

Posted 04 October 2010 - 12:44 PM

Agreed - the chippy in LC does good chips..
I cannot comment on the fish as I am a vegetarian!

#18 Eaton

Eaton

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 3,490 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 03:25 PM

I discovered Ann's Fish and Chip shop in Severalls Ave, Chesham during the spring and it's lovely. I don't eat fish and chips that often but on the 2 occasions that I've had cod and chips from them it has been fantastic. The chips are perfect and the cod was sublime, yeah I know that it's fish and chips and they've been deepfried but the chips don't taste greasy at all.
Mel and Co

#19 struthie

struthie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 842 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 03:33 PM

If we have take away then I always go to LC,gave up on the one in Amersham a very long time ago.

#20 sarah

sarah

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 06:44 PM

The fish and chip shop in GX is fantastic !.... a bit further to go but well worth it.

#21 SallyH

SallyH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 07 October 2010 - 01:19 PM

I discovered Ann's Fish and Chip shop in Severalls Ave, Chesham during the spring and it's lovely. I don't eat fish and chips that often but on the 2 occasions that I've had cod and chips from them it has been fantastic. The chips are perfect and the cod was sublime, yeah I know that it's fish and chips and they've been deepfried but the chips don't taste greasy at all.

Ann's Fish and Chip shop in Severalls Ave - This is a great recommendation, especially as I would never have found it without reading it here first. Tried it last night with my two sons, and yes best fish and chips I have had locally. Saved some chips for my husband in the oven and his were still very good (with omelette). Only small gripe is the waiting time. Ann's was empty when I arrived (a 4 person queue soon built up) but as it seemed everything is cooked to order, I had to wait 25 mins. My sons, who like me love fish and chips, said however good it was was, it was too long to wait to be worth trying again.

#22 PaulEden

PaulEden

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 2,704 posts

Posted 07 October 2010 - 02:05 PM

Amershams fish and chip shop is quite average, I agree. It does have a very wide range of food though and always seems to be busy. It's been there as long as I can remember. I'd certainly try an alternative in the town.

Ann's Fish and Chip shop in Severalls Ave ~~ as it seemed everything is cooked to order, I had to wait 25 mins. My sons, who like me love fish and chips, said however good it was was, it was too long to wait to be worth trying again.

I wonder if you can 'phone an order in?

#23 147

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 754 posts

Posted 07 October 2010 - 03:06 PM

Ann's Fish and Chip shop in Severalls Ave - This is a great recommendation, especially as I would never have found it without reading it here first. Tried it last night with my two sons, and yes best fish and chips I have had locally. Saved some chips for my husband in the oven and his were still very good (with omelette). Only small gripe is the waiting time. Ann's was empty when I arrived (a 4 person queue soon built up) but as it seemed everything is cooked to order, I had to wait 25 mins. My sons, who like me love fish and chips, said however good it was was, it was too long to wait to be worth trying again.

Thats the only downside with Annes is that its cooked to order, but the queue speaks volumes for the popularity of the shop. When we lived at Hilltop it was the only chippy we used.

#24 Eaton

Eaton

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 3,490 posts

Posted 07 October 2010 - 05:21 PM

I wonder if you can 'phone an order in?

I'm fairly sure that you can. Besides I'd prefer to have freshly cooked fish and chips than something that's been sitting there for ages.
Mel and Co

#25 Fran

Fran

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 5,192 posts
  • Interests:Reading, writing about reading, theatre, film, restaurants, walking through woodland, Scrabble.

Posted 26 October 2010 - 02:03 PM

I've only just noticed the irony in that sentence. ;)

#26 Fran

Fran

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 5,192 posts

Posted 31 October 2010 - 05:20 PM

Now that this has opened, there is a new topic to discuss it, in Eating and Sleeping Places: http://www.amersham....t=0

I've named the topic "Amersham Fish Shop" because that is what someone called it in a post. If that's not it's actual name, please send a PM to me (or any of the other mods) and we'll change the topic name.

#27 GJC

GJC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 265 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 01:26 PM

I've only just noticed the irony in that sentence. ;)

B)I wondered if anybody shared my sense of humour! B)
GJC
Posted Image