• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#31 147

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 755 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 03:20 PM

The new trains have to comply with disabity legislation which also impacts on the number of seats available.

A rumour doing the rounds at the minute is that all off peak Amersham/Chesham services are going to become all station services to enable Chiltern to run extra trains. However these extra Chiltern trains may not be stopping at Amersham. I hope there is no truth in this.

#32 Matthew (Admin/MPJ)

Matthew (Admin/MPJ)

Advanced Member

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,234 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 08:46 AM

A rumour doing the rounds at the minute is that all off peak Amersham/Chesham services are going to become all station services to enable Chiltern to run extra trains. However these extra Chiltern trains may not be stopping at Amersham. I hope there is no truth in this.

That would not be good news. I can't see that Marylebone has capacity for many more trains, and sucspect they wouldwant to concentrate on the Wycome line with trains to Oxford coming. Also the loadings on the Met trains south of Moor Park would be very high, on the other hand owing to increased journey time and fewer seats, many may desert to the already crowded Chiltern services. I have read on another forum from someone who seems to know things that there are changes coming to the Met this December and this will probably mean all trains will stop at Wembley Park.
Matthew P Jones
Web Master of www.amersham.org.uk and www.metroland.org.uk

Follow Amershan News & Views on src="http://twitter-badges.s3.amazonaws.com/twitter-a.png" alt="Follow Amersham News & Views on Twitter"/>

Amersham News, Views & Information Facebook Page

#33 PeterC

PeterC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 486 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 10:43 AM

A rumour doing the rounds at the minute is that all off peak Amersham/Chesham services are going to become all station services to enable Chiltern to run extra trains.

Probably getting confused with the late night Chesham through trains which are diverted from the Watford service.

Chiltern off peak trains are normally only single 2 car units, they could always increase capacity by doubling them up.

Off peak met services already call at Wembley Park. Going into London it wouldn't make much difference as we always seem to stop there, either in the platform or just outside, anyway. It would be a bit of a pain on evening services.

PeterC aka Chilternbirder

#34 Metman

Metman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 09:19 PM

Silly people, I always grab a seat, even if I have to push past people!

The S stock isn't that smooth because the wheels are tiny! That is the price of air con. The trains are also slow and underpowered because they are short on juice! They are designed to operate on 750v not the current 630. The aircon is very thristy....

The seat issue is too late. TfL are more likely to remove seats than add them. They don't care about the Amersham man (or woman) because they make up about 10% of the trains users!

#35 David P

David P

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,750 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 10:30 PM

I saw one of the new trains in Amersham station for the first time today.
David P