• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 gizmo

gizmo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts
  • Interests:Currently finding a family house in Amersham.

Posted 08 April 2010 - 10:38 PM

Does anyone know if planning application(s) have (in the past) been put in place for extending Hillside Close down towards Stanley Hill? I viewed a house recently which has had "the bottom of it's garden" sold to Woodleys the builder. The garden backs onto Hillside Close.

Posted Image

If have heard rumours that some gardens have been sold off Quarrendon Road.

Any information appreciated.

thanks

Miles.

#2 KevinR

KevinR

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 379 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 10:47 AM

Does anyone know if planning application(s) have (in the past) been put in place for extending Hillside Close down towards Stanley Hill? I viewed a house recently which has had "the bottom of it's garden" sold to Woodleys the builder. The garden backs onto Hillside Close.

Posted Image

The place to check is the Chiltern District Council Planning website https://isa.chiltern....aspx?module=P3

This lets you see both historical and pending planning requests (assuming a planning request has been submitted to the council). You can search by individual property or by area from the map (for example rear gardens off Stanley Road).

incidentally the planning website seems to call it Hillside Gardens rather than Hillside Close.

#3 Jinni

Jinni

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 04:09 PM

The place to check is the Chiltern District Council Planning website https://isa.chiltern....aspx?module=P3

This lets you see both historical and pending planning requests (assuming a planning request has been submitted to the council). You can search by individual property or by area from the map (for example rear gardens off Stanley Road).

incidentally the planning website seems to call it Hillside Gardens rather than Hillside Close.

And you need to look at the 'Core Strategy' which shows where the District Council consider additional housing might be built. Wide awake developers will 'collect' back gardens until they have enough land to make an application for a group of houses, such as happened behind First Avenue

#4 147

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 742 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 04:35 PM

There can't be a lot more space to build down there. They have already got as far as the public footpath which takes you from Quarrendon to Stanley Hill. Beyond the footpath there are only a handfull of houses then you get to the Barrett Houses which are built on land that Woodley sold to CDC in the late 70's.

#5 Fran

Fran

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 5,147 posts
  • Interests:Reading, writing about reading, theatre, film, restaurants, walking through woodland, Scrabble.

Posted 10 April 2010 - 12:21 PM

For that you need to look at the Land Registry (but that's not something I've done, so I can't tell you the best and cheapest way to do so).

#6 primrose

primrose

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 10 April 2010 - 07:48 PM

I noticed three houses in a row have been sold in Stanley hill. Classic sign of builders having purchased them for the back gardens, then selling off the properties.

#7 hyposmurf

hyposmurf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,491 posts

Posted 10 April 2010 - 10:10 PM

From a Times article:

Some councils, although hostile to garden development, say it is better than the alternative, building on the countryside. Chiltern district, where 89% of new development is on gardens, says it is a "very significant issue" in the area but without it "most of Chiltern's new housing would have to be delivered by release of green belt land"

So makes me ponder whether the principle is a terrible idea or not.Loose more greenbelt or large plots become denser.Reducing large plots to higher density housing starts to screw around with the social balance within an area.Keep seeing over and over flats,flats and tiny houses being built and not enough range of housing.

#8 Zoom

Zoom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 804 posts

Posted 11 April 2010 - 06:45 PM

Its quite cheap to access the details on the land registry.... I think its about 2-3 per property lookup.

#9 KevinR

KevinR

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 379 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 01:54 PM

Its quite cheap to access the details on the land registry.... I think its about 2-3 per property lookup.

Make sure you use the official land registry site http://www.landregis...www/wps/portal. If you just do a google style search you will come across organisations that look like the land registry, and provide the same information (sourced from the land registry), but who charge a lot more. Land registry costs are 4 for the Register + 4 for the title plan.

#10 Meesh

Meesh

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 08:10 PM

I am an owner of one of the houses being sold in Stanley Hill. We have definitely not sold to a developer or been approached by one.

#11 Zoom

Zoom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 804 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 08:34 PM

Are you confident that the person you sold to is not a front for a developer ? That was done in hundred acre lane and first avenue.

#12 Meesh

Meesh

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 07:40 AM

Yes, very confident.