2 replies to this topic

#1 echinosum

echinosum

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 11:01 AM

Since about March we have been suffering short formations on Chiltern quite frequently. Probably about 3 times out of 10 on average, but more some weeks, like this week, where so far all 4 morning trains have been short-formed, plus at least one evening. Very rarely do they even apologise for this. In fact, we did get one apology this week, though this wasn't the day the train was both late and incredibly packed due to trouble on t'Met.

In the past Chiltern have taken care to explain when they have been short of rolling stock resulting in a higher incidence of short formations. And in the past Chiltern drivers were scrupulous about apologisng for any kind of disruption. I'm currently getting the impression Chiltern under DB are now just like any other railway company.

#2 Matthew (Admin/MPJ)

Matthew (Admin/MPJ)

Advanced Member

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,234 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 12:09 PM

They have been putting on a few occasions messages saying which evening trains will be short formed, no reason given though. I usually manage to read these after the event though!

They do appear to be less customer friendly recently, very few announcements at Marylebone one day when they were having problems.
Matthew P Jones
Web Master of www.amersham.org.uk and www.metroland.org.uk

Follow Amershan News & Views on src="http://twitter-badges.s3.amazonaws.com/twitter-a.png" alt="Follow Amersham News & Views on Twitter"/>

Amersham News, Views & Information Facebook Page

#3 Matthew (MPJ/Admin)

Matthew (MPJ/Admin)

Administrator

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,023 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 04:01 PM

Have sent them message via their web site asking, will let you know if I get a reply
Matthew P Jones
Web Master of www.amersham.org.uk and www.metroland.org.uk

Follow Amershan News & Views on Twitter

Amersham News Views & Information is also on Facebook

Don't forget to read the Forum Rules!