6 replies to this topic

#1 PaulAmersham

PaulAmersham

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 08:20 AM

Has anyone else noticed the sudden appearance of building equipment and fencing on the Raans Road playing fields? I realised there were hopes to build around 100 new houses and a new church there, but I didn't realise it had the fulll go ahead. Does anyone know any more details?

#2 struthie

struthie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 842 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 10:15 AM

I used to live in Park Place,and I bumped into my old neighbour on Wednesday.

She said building work was starting on Thursday,much to her disgust,I said to her I thought it had all gone quiet,she said it has all been approved after two appeals.
Don't know how accurate she is but I think it's a very sad day to lose that lovely field.

#3 PaulAmersham

PaulAmersham

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 10:31 AM

Thanks for the info Struthie. Does anyone know how long building is likely to last for? I imagine it will be 18 months at least given the size - anyone think it will be more/less?

#4 Ado

Ado

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 226 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 05:46 PM

I wonder where they are planning for the children from these houses to go to school? Particularily primary school.

#5 Alan

Alan

Alan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,540 posts
  • Interests:Family, Computers, the country side, the good life, pest control (Old Bill Pest Control) & anything diffrent

Posted 14 August 2010 - 09:28 PM

:(

#6 hyposmurf

hyposmurf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,500 posts

Posted 15 August 2010 - 02:52 PM

I wonder where they are planning for the children from these houses to go to school? Particularily primary school.

Probably in the existing.I wish when they construct new developments,the developers would include for new services and infrastructure for that the new site and not bleed even more out of the exising.

#7 Jess

Jess

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 10:31 AM

You might like to follow this blog and pass on to anyone else who might be interested. http://maplelawns.blogspot.com/