Photo

Photo From 1900S Amersham? - Can You Help Identify Football Team And Players?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Greenjellybean

Greenjellybean

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 11:36 AM

Hi,

I am researching my mother's branch of our family.

I came across a photo of my Great-Grandfather Richard Frank Bryan (1887-1967) as a young man taken some time in the early 1900s. He is seated in the front row and in 2nd in from the left. He later moved to Wiltshire and was at Tidworth by 1911 census, and was a plumber by trade. He grew up in Amersham and his parents were Frank Bryan (1853-1922) and Ellen Edith Henniker (1857-1917).

It may be an Amersham team or he did marry my Great-Grandmother Daisy Parslow (1886-1959), and her parents, my Great-Great Grandparents Thomas Parslow and Mary Saunders ran Mop End Farm near Penn Street so there may be a link there?

If anyone can identify the football team and any of the players, please let me know.

Thank you.
:)

Attached Files

#2 Matthew (Admin/MPJ)

Matthew (Admin/MPJ)

Advanced Member

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,234 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 11:48 AM

I would say, based on the colour of shirts, that it is Amersham Town Football Club.

there current web site is

www.amershamtownfc.co.uk/
Matthew P Jones
Web Master of www.amersham.org.uk and www.metroland.org.uk

Follow Amershan News & Views on src="http://twitter-badges.s3.amazonaws.com/twitter-a.png" alt="Follow Amersham News & Views on Twitter"/>

Amersham News, Views & Information Facebook Page

#3 Greenjellybean

Greenjellybean

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 02:00 PM

Thank you for the quick reply.

Great minds think alike. I tried the club a year ago and they had no records or photos that matched.

They suggested the Buckinghamshire Examiner and to search that. As I live in Norfolk, unless this is online there is little chance of me looking through this newspaper archive any time soon.

I've asked Amersham Town FC to post the photo on their web site to ask supporters for help.

We will see.....

I would say, based on the colour of shirts, that it is Amersham Town Football Club.

there current web site is

www.amershamtownfc.co.uk/