• Please log in to reply
96 replies to this topic

#91 gizmo

gizmo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts
  • Interests:Currently finding a family house in Amersham.

Posted 15 July 2010 - 03:48 PM

Obviously. (After one or two have sold, I may not be the only one who looks up the actual price they went for.)

No shame, especially if it's where you want and need to be. I hope you're very happy there.

Thanks Fran :) It's a nice place - looking forward to moving back to Amersham. It will make the commute to work easier.

#92 Zoom

Zoom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 834 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 10:13 PM

I wonder if these have been built in accordance with the plans in their planning permission ? I wonder if they are larger or smaller than the original plans.... it would seem odd if they were smaller and if they are larger then how did that get endorsed...

Also as I recall the developer voluntarily agreed as part of their planning application to make a certain proportion of the properties "affordable"...

I sense the need to go back to the original planning application...

#93 mvjt

mvjt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 07:57 AM

Also as I recall the developer voluntarily agreed as part of their planning application to make a certain proportion of the properties "affordable"...

I think the original application was for many more "units" and once you get over a set number of units per development a certain percentage of them need to be affordable. So - way around that is to reduce the number of units built, which is what happened. 12 units built and therefore none of them need to be "affordable".
At least, that is how I understand it!

#94 Zoom

Zoom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 834 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 09:23 PM

I think the original application was for many more "units" and once you get over a set number of units per development a certain percentage of them need to be affordable. So - way around that is to reduce the number of units built, which is what happened. 12 units built and therefore none of them need to be "affordable".
At least, that is how I understand it!

Yeah well I'll have to go back and check.... need to go back and check the size of the units too...

My understanding was that the developers voluntarily committed to make a number of them 'affordable'. But I don't know if the plans were changed at a later date. I don't recall the original plans having larger ground floors than 1st floors so I need to check that too.

#95 Fran

Fran

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 5,202 posts
  • Interests:Reading, writing about reading, theatre, film, restaurants, walking through woodland, Scrabble.

Posted 16 July 2010 - 09:49 PM

I wonder if these have been built in accordance with the plans in their planning permission ? ...

As I remember it, lack of affordable housing was one of the objections used against the development, but as it was for fewer than 15 homes, it wasn't a requirement, so it wasn't a relevant reason for rejecting the application.

I don't recall the original plans having larger ground floors than 1st floors so I need to check that too.

No, I don't remember that, either, but it was a while ago (and there were similar applications before the one that finally got the go-ahead).

#96 gizmo

gizmo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts
  • Interests:Currently finding a family house in Amersham.

Posted 06 October 2010 - 01:08 PM

I had a wander past these the other day and they are slowly reserving/selling.

#97 mvjt

mvjt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 06 October 2010 - 01:22 PM

I had a wander past these the other day and they are slowly reserving/selling.

At least two are already being lived in.