8 replies to this topic

#1 nikkinakkinooow

nikkinakkinooow

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 11:22 PM

Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but.....

Drove past Thai Fusion this afternoon and it had a leasehold for sale sign up and think I saw a closed sign as well.
Has it closed????

#2 Jeff T

Jeff T

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 05 December 2010 - 03:49 PM

Yes, It closed down a couple of weeks ago. I only ever went once. It was a Friday night and apart my wife and I there was only one other couple in the restaurant. The food was very good if a bit pricey and the service was excellent but I don't think it ever attracted sufficient customers. I don't know what went wrong but it's always a shame to see a small business bite the dust.

#3 nikkinakkinooow

nikkinakkinooow

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 05 December 2010 - 09:18 PM

I visited once with friends a while ago. I enjoyed it (also thought a bit pricey) was very nice but nothing memorable (I guess if it was I would have gone back) It is always a shame when individual local businesses go, I get fed up with chains in both restaurants and retail chain stores all very same and boring but I guess you will always get a certain standard, which makes you choose them if you are not in your local area.

Does anyone remember the Waterhall a Chinese Restaurant along London Road East in the 80's. Used to love that place (was a DINKY then!!!) whatever happened to that place?

#4 David P

David P

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,745 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 05:40 PM

Does anyone remember the Waterhall a Chinese Restaurant along London Road East in the 80's. Used to love that place (was a DINKY then!!!) whatever happened to that place?

It was even nicer before it became a Chinese. I think it is a private house now.
David P

#5 Zoom

Zoom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 831 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 04:18 PM

We quite liked it when we went there.... good service, good food.... but it was a bit expensive and wasn't very busy... I never did get the "fusion" bit though.

#6 David P

David P

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,745 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 03:40 PM

There's a notice outside saying that Mitchells and Butler are negotiating to take it over and re-open as a 'Vintage Inn', similar to the White Hart in Beaconsfield or the Coy Carp.
David P

#7 David P

David P

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,745 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 04:03 PM

I noticed that workmen were on the site today. The front of the building now has a sign, 'Pomeroy Inn', though I'm not sure whether that is a new name or just an old one that's been uncovered.

PS. Just Googled it. It is the new name and it's due to open on August 1st.
David P

#8 Eaton

Eaton

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 3,490 posts
  • Interests:Animals, Birds, Reading, Crosswords, Suduko and Cross Stitch

Posted 18 July 2011 - 06:03 PM

I've been to the Koi Carp in Harefield a few times (although not for a couple of years) and enjoyed the food and atmosphere. We will definitely try the Pomeroy Inn when it opens.
Mel and Co

#9 Fran

Fran

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 5,192 posts
  • Interests:Reading, writing about reading, theatre, film, restaurants, walking through woodland, Scrabble.

Posted 30 July 2011 - 08:03 AM

I have split this topic and put more recent posts in one specifically about the new Pomeroy Inn. See: Pomeroy Inn topic.