5 replies to this topic

#1 Eaton

Eaton

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 3,488 posts
  • Interests:Animals, Birds, Reading, Crosswords, Suduko and Cross Stitch

Posted 08 March 2011 - 07:29 PM

The single lane section is closed so Hollow Way Lane is closed to through traffic. They are repairing the water leak and hopefully as a result will resurface the entire section of road! This morning at 6.15am the water leak was frozen and the whole road from the leak to past the corner by the cottages heading towards Latimer Road was under a few inches of ice.

The worrying thing is that they are saying that Hollow Way Lane will be closed until the 1st April! I'm hoping that they have given themselves quite a lot of leeway just in case of problems and that it will be fixed this week.
Mel and Co

#2 Fran

Fran

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 5,171 posts
  • Interests:Reading, writing about reading, theatre, film, restaurants, walking through woodland, Scrabble.

Posted 08 March 2011 - 09:11 PM

The worrying thing is that they are saying that Hollow Way Lane will be closed until the 1st April!

If it does take that long, there will be delays over a wide area. Still, if that's what it takes to fix the problem, it should be worth it in the end.

#3 Eaton

Eaton

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 3,488 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 11:04 PM

If it does take that long, there will be delays over a wide area. Still, if that's what it takes to fix the problem, it should be worth it in the end.

Definitely, the road has been like a patchwork quilt for the last few years and this morning it could have been used for the winter olympics.

I'm just a little frustrated that when I drove through it at 10am this morning they were just closing the road and at 4pm the work force had already left for the day...
Mel and Co

#4 Eaton

Eaton

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 3,488 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 03:43 PM

It appears to be open again today, so it looks like they have just patched the patches and not resurfaced it.
Mel and Co

#5 Fran

Fran

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 5,171 posts
  • Interests:Reading, writing about reading, theatre, film, restaurants, walking through woodland, Scrabble.

Posted 09 March 2011 - 06:56 PM

I'm just a little frustrated that when I drove through it at 10am this morning they were just closing the road and at 4pm the work force had already left for the day...

They often work those hours on busy roads, to avoid rush hour.

#6 Eaton

Eaton

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 3,488 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 07:21 PM

They often work those hours on busy roads, to avoid rush hour.

The road was closed from around 10am yesterday until sometime today, so there was no rush hour on that section of Hollow Way Lane.
Mel and Co