5 replies to this topic

#1 Matthew (Admin/MPJ)

Matthew (Admin/MPJ)

Advanced Member

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,234 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 12:22 PM

There is a planning application here to I think demolish the garage / by Chalfont & Latimer station and replace with flats / offices. The site is sloping so 4 floors may not actaully be that high above the station. WIll mean a change of view, possibly an improvement
Matthew P Jones
Web Master of www.amersham.org.uk and www.metroland.org.uk

Follow Amershan News & Views on src="http://twitter-badges.s3.amazonaws.com/twitter-a.png" alt="Follow Amersham News & Views on Twitter"/>

Amersham News, Views & Information Facebook Page

#2 PeterC

PeterC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 481 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 01:10 PM

They have several sites around the station. Refreshing my memory from StreetView (I don't go through the village to reach the station car park) the showroom is across the road by the pelican crossing next to the shops.
PeterC aka Chilternbirder

#3 David P

David P

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,742 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 04:16 PM

If you look at the plans, it is indeed the main showroom on the opposite side from the station. And the new building is scarcely any higher than the adjacent block.
Does this mean VW are falling on hard times?
David P

#4 gizmo

gizmo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts
  • Interests:Currently finding a family house in Amersham.

Posted 19 May 2011 - 07:14 PM

More than likely been offered more money for the site by property developers.....shame they were a good dealership.

#5 SallyH

SallyH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 09:14 PM

More than likely been offered more money for the site by property developers.....shame they were a good dealership.

I bought my first car, a red second hand Golf, from there in 1993. I had just started work and had moved to London and realised I needed a car asap. Never had a VW since but it was a great car.

#6 Matthew (Admin/MPJ)

Matthew (Admin/MPJ)

Advanced Member

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,234 posts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 09:09 AM

If you look at the plans, it is indeed the main showroom on the opposite side from the station. And the new building is scarcely any higher than the adjacent block.
Does this mean VW are falling on hard times?

I did not get time to look at the plans, so assumed it was by the station from the address. Such a block where the show room is will actually be of similar height to surrounding buildings, so may look better with regards to consistent heights along that stretch of road.
Matthew P Jones
Web Master of www.amersham.org.uk and www.metroland.org.uk

Follow Amershan News & Views on src="http://twitter-badges.s3.amazonaws.com/twitter-a.png" alt="Follow Amersham News & Views on Twitter"/>

Amersham News, Views & Information Facebook Page