7 replies to this topic

#1 GJC

GJC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 265 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 03:25 PM

The owners of Hillcrest Court have issued leaflets locally asking for comments on the redevelopment plans and have set up a web site http://amershamcentral.com/ .

The development in Chesham Road (over Perrys the motor dealer) also takes in Stancrest House on Hill Avenue.

I have the misfortune to live in Hillcrest Court (until I retire in just under a month) and there is little you could do to this building that would fail to improve it - up to and including razing it to the ground.

The problem I have with it is that in the 3 years that I have lived there little has been done in the way of repairs in common parts, there is even a smashed window on the stairwell that was broken before I moved in and the developer even includes a picture of it in the gallery on the website. I assume this is to show that development is necessary to improve the place when in fact attention to necessary repairs would much improve the place.

There has also always been inadequate provision for waste disposal. At present there are only 17 flats on the site, with these plans that will increase to 31. If the management of the block does not improve with the refurbishment then this will just make it a bigger problem than it is now. I assume these proposals are to meet with some sort of demonstration of public consultation before planning consent is applied for, and I personally would have no great objection the the extra story on top of the building that these plans include - but I would want to see that there is some provision for recycling of rubbish included in the proposals together with an efficient system of waste disposal.

Given that then this refurbishment can only improve the look of this part of Amersham.

Would be interested to see what comments others make.
GJC
Posted Image

#2 Fran

Fran

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 5,199 posts
  • Interests:Reading, writing about reading, theatre, film, restaurants, walking through woodland, Scrabble.

Posted 21 June 2011 - 07:40 PM

Well, I'll be sorry to lose the garage that services my car, but apart from that, the design is certainly a visual improvement on what's there and the website is quite an impressive sales job - though they do have a very strange idea of what constitutes a "questionnaire". ;) I'm not sure if there should be any concerns about access and increased traffic etc, but probably not.

#3 GJC

GJC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 265 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 08:40 AM

Well, I'll be sorry to lose the garage that services my car, but apart from that, the design is certainly a visual improvement on what's there and the website is quite an impressive sales job - though they do have a very strange idea of what constitutes a "questionnaire". ;) I'm not sure if there should be any concerns about access and increased traffic etc, but probably not.

I understand that this refurbishment cannot start for a couple of years because Perrys lease has some time to go.
GJC
Posted Image

#4 Matthew (Admin/MPJ)

Matthew (Admin/MPJ)

Advanced Member

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,234 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 09:57 AM

Seems like an improvement. To be honest, I am trying to work out which bit on Hill Avenue will change? I assume the block with the chip shop in? If correct, then the leases on those units woudl need to be sorted out, another delay. Interesting no pictures of Hill Avenue frontage.
Matthew P Jones
Web Master of www.amersham.org.uk and www.metroland.org.uk

Follow Amershan News & Views on src="http://twitter-badges.s3.amazonaws.com/twitter-a.png" alt="Follow Amersham News & Views on Twitter"/>

Amersham News, Views & Information Facebook Page

#5 GJC

GJC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 265 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 11:15 AM

Seems like an improvement. To be honest, I am trying to work out which bit on Hill Avenue will change? I assume the block with the chip shop in? If correct, then the leases on those units woudl need to be sorted out, another delay. Interesting no pictures of Hill Avenue frontage.

Pretty sure your assumption is correct. From what I can see of plans however it will be a case of working on the existing first floor and adding another floor, not sure the shops will actually be affected.

I agree it is odd that there are no pictures of Hill Avenue frontage, perhaps somebody is worried that this would be seen as not improving the look of Hill Avenue when it is clear that the Chesham Road frontage will be a massive improvement.
GJC
Posted Image

#6 Matthew (Admin/MPJ)

Matthew (Admin/MPJ)

Advanced Member

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,234 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 11:53 AM

How the site used to look before the 1960s development

Posted Image

More pictures at www.amersham.org.uk/garages/
Matthew P Jones

Follow Amershan News & Views on src="http://twitter-badges.s3.amazonaws.com/twitter-a.png" alt="Follow Amersham News & Views on Twitter"/>

Amersham News, Views & Information Facebook Page

#7 Matthew (MPJ/Admin)

Matthew (MPJ/Admin)

Administrator

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,042 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 12:28 PM

The Bucks Ex are reporting the planning application is going to appeal

http://www.buckingha...14018-31169809/
Matthew P Jones

Follow Amershan News & Views on Twitter

Amersham News Views & Information is also on Facebook

Don't forget to read the Forum Rules!

#8 Fran

Fran

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 5,199 posts
  • Interests:Reading, writing about reading, theatre, film, restaurants, walking through woodland, Scrabble.

Posted 13 June 2012 - 12:43 PM

That report certainly makes the council's decision seem surprising and somewhat hard to justify.