• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 almo

almo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 10:52 AM

I've been notified that my daughter has been assigned a place at woodside (4th year).

tI'd like to hear from other parents from the school: what's it like? are you happy with it, etc.

are there any busing/carpooling arrangements available? (I live near Old-town Amersham).

Thanks.

#2 PaulEden

PaulEden

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 2,705 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 01:49 PM

My daughter is likely to be at Woodside year after next and we went on a tour of it just a few weeks ago.

It's a nice school, the Head was open and talkative and spent time with us. The pupils seemed well engaged with the school. It's had a poor reputation in the past, but it is definitely on the up. OFSTED reports are favourable too.

There's one teacher who seems to be a problem. All but one class group was open to us as we were shown around. Privately, I've heard that this teacher is not fitting in or performing well. Hopefully they will be gone soon.

#3 almo

almo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 07:50 AM

My daughter is likely to be at Woodside year after next and we went on a tour of it just a few weeks ago.

It's a nice school, the Head was open and talkative and spent time with us. The pupils seemed well engaged with the school. It's had a poor reputation in the past, but it is definitely on the up. OFSTED reports are favourable too.

There's one teacher who seems to be a problem. All but one class group was open to us as we were shown around. Privately, I've heard that this teacher is not fitting in or performing well. Hopefully they will be gone soon.

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the input!

Almo