Restaurant Recommendation Needed
Posted 17 August 2011 - 01:58 PM
She's a bit old fashioned though, my mum, so Indian/Thai etc. is out.
Anyone have any recommendations? I'm assuming that I'd need to book for a Fri/Sat in Amersham, have I left it too late though?
Posted 17 August 2011 - 04:23 PM
Anyway, have a look at other topics in this Eating and Sleeping bit of the forum for details, but my suggestions are:
- Reliable, obvious but unexciting options: Ask (newly revamped, and it's a nice old building), Prezzo and Pizza Express.
- Gilbey's is lovely, but not cheap and not particularly child-oriented.
- The Ivy House, on the A413 towards Chalfont St Giles has a good quality, varied menu and is child-friendly and a little cheaper than a gastro pub. Watch out for big potholes in the entrance to the car park, though.
- The new Pomeroy Inn on White Lion Road may be worth a try.
- Non chain Italians include Restaurant 1O1 on Sycamore Road (but it's not very big, so you may not get a table on a busy night), Guido's in Chesham Bois, and Rucola in Little Chalfont.
Posted 17 August 2011 - 04:34 PM
Tried the Ivy House for lunch last weekend, very nice although we did pick up a puncture from a bit of flint in their car park - a very expensive lunch!
Posted 18 August 2011 - 04:54 AM
Posted 18 August 2011 - 07:10 AM
Hope you enjoy living in Amersham.