2 replies to this topic

#1 Eaton

Eaton

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 3,487 posts
  • Interests:Animals, Birds, Reading, Crosswords, Suduko and Cross Stitch

Posted 19 August 2011 - 03:27 PM

Lots of road closures at the moment, last week it was Chenies and Bell Lane, today White Hill and next week it's Waterside from the 23rd-26th (between the A416 and Moor Road). I know that Chenies was for resurfacing but haven't as yet been up Bell Lane or White Hill so I'm unsure if it's a new road surface or something else. Has anyone else used these roads and can say what's been happening?
Mel and Co

#2 hyposmurf

hyposmurf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,491 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 07:14 PM

We also had Nashleigh Hill closed for a bit.Hooray they have re-surfaced it!Definately worth the hassle of driving into and then back out of town for the work to get done.At last Bucks CC are seeing sense,they are lsierning to the publics moaning :).I have a feeling though that it wont last long,only a number of roads will get re-surfaced per town and theyll radically stop resurfacing.

#3 Eaton

Eaton

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 3,487 posts
  • Interests:Animals, Birds, Reading, Crosswords, Suduko and Cross Stitch

Posted 20 August 2011 - 06:17 AM

The one road that REALLY needs drastic work, in various sections, is Latimer Road between Blackwell Hall Lane and Chenies, particularly as it is unlit and 60mph but I have a feeling that it won't happen!

Anyone driving from Chenies to Chesham needs to be extra vigilant around Bois Mill as so much of the edge of the road has crumbled. I've had a few near misses because people drive on the other side of the road to avoid that section but forget to get back into their lane before the bend. It's a narrow section anyway but with all the tractor and large lorry movements it's becoming lethal.
Mel and Co