rk9

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • Interests:Making new contacts . i enjoy football and most sports
    love to live life to the full and enjoy spending time with my family

Posted 26 August 2011 - 08:51 AM

Hi all

Its my first wedding anniversary this saturday and would like to take my wife to a nice local restaurant

We dont want to go to far as she is 8 mts pregnant , if any of you could be of any help over where to go that would be great
Many thanks

#2 PaulEden

PaulEden

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 2,726 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 09:56 AM

Depends on what you like. I went to Guidos some years ago with my pregnant wife and though some here, perhaps more discerning that me, said it's a little run of the mill and expensive, we had a lovely time.

Congrats on the 1st anniversary. We just racked up our 20th! :)

#3 David P

David P

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,762 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 10:29 AM

We've just been to the Blue Orchid for our 47th, though my wife is not pregnant! The food is very good but I think the curiously high tables might be even more awkward with a largish bump.
Congratulations on your first. I hope the next 46 are as good as ours.
David P

#4 Fran

Fran

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 5,206 posts
  • Interests:Reading, writing about reading, theatre, film, restaurants, walking through woodland, Scrabble.

Posted 26 August 2011 - 11:50 AM

Congratulations on your anniversary and forthcoming baby.

David makes a very good point about the high tables in the Blue Orchid, so maybe that isn't the best option this time.

The new Pomeroy Inn off White Lion road is popular, though I have only been to its sister establishments (which were good). Gilbey's in old Amersham is a little more special, and if you really want to splash out, there is the Artichoke two doors down. Staying in or near Amersham, I would also consider Restaurant One 0 One at the corner of Sycamore Road and Woodside Road, and the Ivy House on the way to Chalfont St Giles. This section of the forum has topics about all of them, so you can get more details and a range of views there.

I hope you have a special evening, that the birth is straightforward, and that you enjoy parenthood.

#5 K&P

K&P

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 363 posts
  • Interests:Good food, good wine, The Chilterns

Posted 26 August 2011 - 02:06 PM

Wherever you choose, I'd phone ahead and ask them if they can ensure your wife is well looked after!

Best wishes to you all.