rk9

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • Interests:Making new contacts . i enjoy football and most sports
    love to live life to the full and enjoy spending time with my family

Posted 31 August 2011 - 09:12 PM

Evening al

Myself and the wife have just been to the black horse pub down the vale in chesham

The pub was recentley shut but has now re opened it is a lovley pub and a good size with a good size car park in a great area on the edge of the chesham country side
The pub is very clean and fresh .

The food and menu choice are great and the prices are also very good the service is also very good

They keep a very good choice of real ale and beers these are all kept to a great standard the wine list also looks very nice

They are also open for lunch and do a good range of light bites or main meals i recomend this for an evening meal or a quiet drink

#2 JUWWI

JUWWI

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 12:43 PM

Went in this pub on hearing it had changed hands. I did not try the food but what I saw looked good, it was also cheaper than under the previous incumbents. Nice big garden but with the winter drawing in its got to be their big fireplace that will be the draw.

Beer was in very good nick - One of which was a Locale (Tring sidepocket for a toad). I would almost say its the best pub for beer quality and variety in the Chesham area.

Good luck to the new Owners.

#3 Eaton

Eaton

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 3,488 posts
  • Interests:Animals, Birds, Reading, Crosswords, Suduko and Cross Stitch

Posted 17 October 2011 - 02:21 PM

One of my favourite dog friendly pubs! I've been in there since the new owners took over and was quite impressed, although I did miss Poppy the pub Springer Spaniel but they've got two labs and a gsd.
Mel and Co