11 replies to this topic

#1 David P

David P

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,748 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 09:31 PM

Very occasionally I manage to sell a photo through a stock library and I've just had a small success (very small financially!). All I know is that it was for a national newspaper with a circulation of up to 500,000, but I don't know which. I guess it is for publication sometime over the last/next few days. I'd love to know if anyone has seen it.

Posted Image
David P

#2 Fran

Fran

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 5,200 posts
  • Interests:Reading, writing about reading, theatre, film, restaurants, walking through woodland, Scrabble.

Posted 31 August 2011 - 09:50 PM

It's an excellent picture, but I haven't seen it anywhere else, I'm afraid.

At first I though it looked like early morning, but judging by the shadows, I presume it was towards the end of the day.

#3 PaulEden

PaulEden

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 2,710 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 10:07 PM

No, I haven't David, but it is a lovely shot. I'll keep an eye out for it.

#4 Gooner

Gooner

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 09:07 AM

Hi David,

Nice composition on the photo, like it.

Where precisely was the shot taken? I'll ask my friends daughter who works at a proof reading agency for newspapers.

Also, if you don't mind me asking, what stock agencies do you use? As an amateur photographer, was thinking of uploading a few photos myself.

Thanks,

Anthony
Yah yah yah...

#5 David P

David P

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,748 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 09:04 PM

Also, if you don't mind me asking, what stock agencies do you use? As an amateur photographer, was thinking of uploading a few photos myself.

Alamy. But it's no good uploading a few photos. The only people who make any serious money out of it have uploaded tens of thousands (or else are very, very good).
David P

#6 Slidehard

Slidehard

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 01:22 AM

Who says he wants to make money, he just asked what agency you used?. Anyway the picture is very nice, I do that walk often.

#7 David P

David P

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,748 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 07:55 PM

Who says he wants to make money,

Why else would you upload to a stock agency?

I did eventually track it down. It was published in the Evening Standard Homes & Property supplement back in July.
David P

#8 mvjt

mvjt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 329 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 09:22 PM

Your picture was in the Saturday Telegraph, main section, this weekend. It was used to illustrate an article regarding the proposed changes for HS2 through the Chilterns.

Congratulations!

#9 David P

David P

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,748 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 11:26 PM

Your picture was in the Saturday Telegraph, main section, this weekend. It was used to illustrate an article regarding the proposed changes for HS2 through the Chilterns.

Thanks for the tip off. I must find a copy. That picture is not in the on-line version of the Telegraph.
Are you sure it was the same one? Is there a credit at the top right?
I have just sold a similar one (landscape format with branches in the foreground), but that is supposedly for publication in February.
David P

#10 mvjt

mvjt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 329 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 11:43 PM

Thanks for the tip off. I must find a copy. That picture is not in the on-line version of the Telegraph.
Are you sure it was the same one? Is there a credit at the top right?
I have just sold a similar one (landscape format with branches in the foreground), but that is supposedly for publication in February.

Yes, it is the same one, with some of the left hand side of the image cropped - I recognised the man and dog heading down the hill. The photo is on page 8 of the Telegraph - I can save our copy for you if you wish?
The credit to the photograph is "Moravka Images / Alamy"

#11 David P

David P

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,748 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 07:22 PM

It was paper collection day around here so I had to hunt around a bit to find a copy. Yes it is mine. Hopefully I'll be credited a few quid at the end of the month - you don't get much for publication in the big nationals.
David P

#12 K&P

K&P

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 363 posts
  • Interests:Good food, good wine, The Chilterns

Posted 06 December 2011 - 07:30 AM

That's a great photo.

K