3 replies to this topic

#1 Eaton

Eaton

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 3,488 posts
  • Interests:Animals, Birds, Reading, Crosswords, Suduko and Cross Stitch

Posted 07 September 2011 - 11:12 AM

When I went to Amersham today I wondered why there was so much traffic and then spotted the temporary traffic lights outside the Cancer Research shop. No idea how long it will be closed for but I've been told that it might be for the 6 weeks that was previously mentioned.
Mel and Co

#2 Milton

Milton

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 111 posts
  • Interests:Cricket, music, travel.

Posted 08 September 2011 - 09:10 PM

I've just had a look on the Transport for Bucks website and I think you might be right. The ELGIN (Electronic Local Government Information Network (!)) lists gasworks until 5th October. It seems that ELGIN will meet all your information needs (should you have any) about roadworks in 70 local authorities around the country.

#3 Jane

Jane

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 08:52 AM

Milton - very useful site, thank you

#4 Fran

Fran

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 5,171 posts
  • Interests:Reading, writing about reading, theatre, film, restaurants, walking through woodland, Scrabble.

Posted 09 September 2011 - 12:40 PM

I've just had a look on the Transport for Bucks website and I think you might be right. The ELGIN (Electronic Local Government Information Network (!)) lists gasworks until 5th October. It seems that ELGIN will meet all your information needs (should you have any) about roadworks in 70 local authorities around the country.

It's a slick site, but it seems to include roadworks that have finished or maybe never happened, e.g. on London Road West from 5th September to 7th October. It is also showing a "current road closure" outside my office, "along length" that apparently started a month ago and is continuing till mid November. No sign of it yet.

Maybe that means the Chesham Road ones won't actually take as many weeks as listed?