Photo

Roadworks On A416 (Chesham Road/rectory Hill) Finished?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Bawbag

Bawbag

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 10:52 AM

Are these works now complete? I was a bit surprised to find the road partially open on Monday and fully open on Tuesday, but after a few weeks of complete snarl-up on Hill Avenue and surrounding roads I'm cautious about celebrating too much.

I know there are still small works ongoing on Sycamore Road and the Elgin site seems to indicate that the Rectory Hill/Chesham Road A416 will be closed well into November, but might the works have finished early or be at a stage where closure is no longer necessary?

We've only been in Amersham for 10 weeks and it was beginning to feel like the traffic recently was normal!

#2 Fran

Fran

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 5,147 posts
  • Interests:Reading, writing about reading, theatre, film, restaurants, walking through woodland, Scrabble.

Posted 10 November 2011 - 09:08 PM

Are these works now complete?

They're about to restart. Today, a sign went up at the bottom of Rectory Hill saying that from Tuesday 15th November, it will be closed for a couple of weeks for gas works.

#3 Bawbag

Bawbag

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 01:49 PM

Yeah, saw that. As long as it is closed South of the roundabout at the very top of Station Road this time then I don't suppose it will affect things too much, it was the closure of that stretch along by the Alfa garage that caused the majority of the problems.

#4 Fran

Fran

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 5,147 posts
  • Interests:Reading, writing about reading, theatre, film, restaurants, walking through woodland, Scrabble.

Posted 11 November 2011 - 05:40 PM

I gather that it's just the stretch between the top of Station Road and the railway bridge. Nevertheless, more cars use Rectory Hill than you may realise, plus it will cause problems at school drop off and pick up times.

#5 Fran

Fran

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 5,147 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 11:33 PM

I had to drive from Woodside Road to the station at about 5.30pm today. I expected it to be slow, but there was stationary traffic back to before King George V Road. Avoid if you can.