4 replies to this topic

#1 mitzi

mitzi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 22 October 2011 - 12:14 PM

Recently a food van has appeared at Gt Misseneden station, I haven't tried it yet and was wondering if anyone here has? An alternative to popping into Co-Op, or getting a take-away I think it is a good idea..... Any thoughts? ;)

#2 Mark

Mark

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 11:52 AM

Recently a food van has appeared at Gt Misseneden station, I haven't tried it yet and was wondering if anyone here has? An alternative to popping into Co-Op, or getting a take-away I think it is a good idea..... Any thoughts? ;)

It's called "Potdeli" and has a website which has their menu and other info: http://www.potdeli.co.uk/index.php (I got this from a leaflet they were handing out the other day). i had a sample of one of their dishes and it was very nice.

They also sell Beer & Wine (including draught Chiltern Ale)

They are there from 4.00pm till 9.30pm Mon to Fri. I will probably try it when working late or when my in-house catering department is absent!

#3 gregc

gregc

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 09:46 AM

We've tried it, and it's great. Really hearty, good quality casseroles with a comforting "home made" style. Perfect if you're getting off the train in the evening and there's nothing in at home or you don't want to cook. Also seems popular with people who live in Missenden and aren't using the station but have gone there just to pick up a meal. Highly recommended, I hope they make a go of it.

#4 Fran

Fran

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 5,145 posts
  • Interests:Reading, writing about reading, theatre, film, restaurants, walking through woodland, Scrabble.

Posted 26 October 2011 - 12:06 PM

It sounds and, from the website looks, like a great idea. I wish them luck. Unfortunately there is nowhere very suitable for an Amersham branch to park.

#5 Matthew (Admin/MPJ)

Matthew (Admin/MPJ)

Advanced Member

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,234 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 01:48 PM

It sounds and, from the website looks, like a great idea. I wish them luck. Unfortunately there is nowhere very suitable for an Amersham branch to park.

A hot food van often used to park in the lay by where the taxis park now by Amersham station. I think they did quite a bit of business on a Friday night.
Matthew P Jones
Web Master of www.amersham.org.uk and www.metroland.org.uk

Follow Amershan News & Views on src="http://twitter-badges.s3.amazonaws.com/twitter-a.png" alt="Follow Amersham News & Views on Twitter"/>

Amersham News, Views & Information Facebook Page