6 replies to this topic

#1 HP6

HP6

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 219 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 10:47 PM

Some rather sad and perplexing news re: Henry Allen Nursery School. The latest Ofsted report is rather disastrous.

http://www.ofsted.go...&type=1&refer=0

As is often the case, however, the feedback from parents is generally favourable. I wonder who's right and how many of the children would understand what the inspector is saying in his letter to them. Posted Image

#2 ThreeDaysGrace

ThreeDaysGrace

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 11:20 AM

Didn't it go downhill because the head teacher did a runner?

[disclaimer - I don't know if this is true, it is just what I heard]

#3 Eaton

Eaton

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 3,490 posts
  • Interests:Animals, Birds, Reading, Crosswords, Suduko and Cross Stitch

Posted 10 November 2011 - 12:11 PM

According to the BFP the headmaster has not been contactable since the beginning of the year. See full story: http://www.bucksfree...ecial_measures/
Mel and Co

#4 ThreeDaysGrace

ThreeDaysGrace

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 12:36 PM

ah thank you! I too have only heard good things about Henry Allen. I hope they can get it sorted.

#5 Laura S

Laura S

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 01:27 PM

Everything I have heard about the nursery school from parents has always been favourable. I've been to the school on open days and toddler groups and the facilities are great and the staff are always really helpful. Having read the report and the extenuating circumstances the scores seem a bit harsh...

#6 struthie

struthie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 842 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 02:35 PM

My son went to Henry Allen - shame to hear it got such a bad report.

Wonder what happened to Mr Shaw - he was lovely and really made the nursery what it was.

#7 TBN

TBN

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 05:54 PM

My son goes to Henry Allen and I was shocked with the results. For the first time ever he had a half term (his nursery in London was always open), and he cried because he really want to go to school - for me that said how much he likes the nursery and how happy he is there. I completely back the teachers. The school will not be closed and they will have people watching/supporting them closely to improve the results. I just hope next year parents will still consider Henry Allen for their children, despite of the results - it is a lovely nursery!