6 replies to this topic

#1 Bawbag

Bawbag

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 391 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 09:03 PM

Nothing like a couple of hours in a soft play centre to tire the little darlings out a bit, but Zoom in Beaconsfield and Junglemania in Bourne End are, well...underwhelming is being polite.

Are there any decent soft play centres nearby?

#2 mvjt

mvjt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 09:08 PM

There's Kidzone in Berkhampsted, although my children have always been taken by other people!

#3 jkracing

jkracing

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 09:51 PM

There's Kidzone in Berkhampsted, although my children have always been taken by other people!

Thats scary, id avoid that place if children are getting kidnapped there! ^_^

#4 MarkD

MarkD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 09:59 PM

I rather like Junglemania, but Gambados in Watford is probably better - I've only been the once but it's got dodgems, and a large multi-storey structure (maybe 5 or 6 levels?) that I really struggled to squeeze through but the kids loved, in there is a tunnel that goes out over the dodgems, an area full of soft balls with guns so they can shoot them at each other, and a climbing wall and sensory area for toddlers/crawlers. Probably worth a visit, it's not far off the M25

#5 Bawbag

Bawbag

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 391 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 07:55 AM

I rather like Junglemania, but Gambados in Watford is probably better - I've only been the once but it's got dodgems, and a large multi-storey structure (maybe 5 or 6 levels?) that I really struggled to squeeze through but the kids loved, in there is a tunnel that goes out over the dodgems, an area full of soft balls with guns so they can shoot them at each other, and a climbing wall and sensory area for toddlers/crawlers. Probably worth a visit, it's not far off the M25

Yes, the actual soft play in Junglemania is pretty good and our kids certainly enjoyed themselves, it's the rest of the place that lets it down.
  • No parking - lots of clamping warnings and evidence on the 'net that people have been caught out by this
  • Disinterested staff
  • Not enough seats, despite a lot of empty floorspace - we had to sit on a freezing cold floor against a breezeblock wall for the best part of two hours
  • Zero-effort food & drink
  • Surprisingly lax entry/exit rules (no gate, register etc.)
Will try Gambado, thanks for the recommendation.

#6 Unremarkable

Unremarkable

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 09:26 AM

if you're looking for a full day out with a soft play component, I'd recommend Mead Open Farm. http://www.meadopenfarm.co.uk/
Loads of animals and ample outdoor play and a big indoor soft play area with various areas for different ages. The food is pretty good and the staff are really helpful. It's a bit further to travel than Odds farm (near Beaconsfield) but so much better.

#7 ThreeDaysGrace

ThreeDaysGrace

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 10:53 PM

Thats scary, id avoid that place if children are getting kidnapped there! ^_^

I just spat my drink over the laptop at that!!! :D