Don't forget to read the Forum Rules!

#2 DeeJay

DeeJay

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 01:40 PM

I hope we see them in School Lane between 3 and 3.30 every day; that will make them a few quid from those who don't seem to understand the meaning of double yellow lines!

#3 Fran

Fran

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 5,195 posts
  • Interests:Reading, writing about reading, theatre, film, restaurants, walking through woodland, Scrabble.

Posted 07 February 2012 - 08:09 PM

I thought we already had civil parking enforcement officers, which shows how little attention I must have been paying.

#4 PaulEden

PaulEden

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 2,707 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 08:34 PM

I've seen the same chap in the new town over a number of years, so yes, I'm pretty sure we have a regular enforcement officer.

#5 Fran

Fran

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 5,195 posts
  • Interests:Reading, writing about reading, theatre, film, restaurants, walking through woodland, Scrabble.

Posted 07 February 2012 - 08:36 PM

Even the uniforms look the same, don't they? And yet it's a newly uploaded BCC video.

#6 PeterC

PeterC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 09:29 AM

IIRC its a new county-wide contract. With a lot of these contracts staff just TUPE from one employer to another so the faces won't necessarily change.
PeterC aka Chilternbirder

#7 Amersham Resident

Amersham Resident

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 12:25 PM

Do they still have this contract, if so, I wish someone would visit Raan's road and Quill hall lane, the parking there is making the road almost impassable at times now. I don't suppose the council care, but they will when one of the kids who cross at the start of Raans road (Woodside end) get hurt because of all the parking now clogging the streets there every day.

last week I watched a large lorry almost hit 3 children and their mum crossing as he lost his patience because it is now effectively a one-way street (and a dangerous one at that now with all the mud from the church building once again turning the road into an ice skating rink.

#8 147

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 755 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 03:20 PM

Its my understanding that they can only issue tickets for breech of regulations. Dangerous parking, such as parking on footpath etc is still the responsibility of the Police.

#9 Amersham Resident

Amersham Resident

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 11:51 AM

Well I've tried reporting it to the Police, no response so far and it's now some 3 months on.

#10 Jinni

Jinni

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 05:32 PM

If there are problems being caused by the building works complain to CDC Planning
If there are increased problems caused by on road parking complain to BCC
A great many likely road problems were brought to both Councils' attention over development of this site, including the position of the crossing.

There is probably very little the Police can do - they can only act where it is a physical obstruction, not where there is selfish /bad parking on the road causing aggravation and danger to other people.

You could try writing to your District and County Councillors - and the local press.