7 replies to this topic

#1 sarah

sarah

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 09:12 PM

The outline, from Hastoe Housing Association Ltd, for affordable rented and shared ownership housing for local people, is for land at Bury Farm, London Road West, Amersham, and just off Gore Hill.

According to its website, Hastoe was formed nearly fifty years ago and works mainly in rural settings. 

It provides and manages new homes for rent, shared ownership and sale depending on the needs of the each community.

Want to have your say? The draft plans will be at Market Hall, High Street, Old Amersham, on Wednesday, February 15, between 3pm–7pm

More details from Hastoe on 020 8973 0432 or southdev@hastoe.com

#2 carkeyz

carkeyz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 01:09 PM

I know the majority are going to disagree with me but i think its a good idea. Amersham does have a shortage of affordable homes. The council waiting list is ridiculous and they just cant accomodate everyone which leaves familys in places like Tom Scott House for nearly a year at a time.

I know it takes away a bit of the countryside but we have loads of beautiful surroundings hence why we all want to live here.
Bang Tidy Cleaning Services

We LOVE to do the jobs you Hate....

www.bangtidycleaningservices.co.uk

#3 Matthew (MPJ/Admin)

Matthew (MPJ/Admin)

Administrator

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,996 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 01:37 PM

This has been talked about for years. I think it is the best site for housing. The by pass has already cut into the green fields.
Matthew P Jones
Web Master of www.amersham.org.uk and www.metroland.org.uk

Follow Amershan News & Views on Twitter

Amersham News Views & Information is also on Facebook

Don't forget to read the Forum Rules!

#4 David P

David P

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,731 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 02:01 PM

As far as I can see that land, apart from the farm buildings, the reservoir and the Jaguar garage is all Green Belt. On the other hand it is sandwiched between those and the by-pass, so not a lot will be lost by building on it. Seems a good idea to me.
David P

#5 Fran

Fran

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 5,171 posts
  • Interests:Reading, writing about reading, theatre, film, restaurants, walking through woodland, Scrabble.

Posted 09 February 2012 - 10:22 PM

I agree, too. I think it was a shame that the previous application from The Rural Housing Trust (or something similar) was turned down.

#6 Elliott

Elliott

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 11:14 AM

It was always just a matter of time before the land 'enclosed' by the bypass was built on. I have no objections, but do hope that affordable means precisely that.

#7 Zoom

Zoom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 821 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 02:10 PM

I agree, too. I think it was a shame that the previous application from The Rural Housing Trust (or something similar) was turned down.

Exactly... the previous proposal for this site was rejected, mostly on the basis of it being a protected site....

However from my perspective it seems like a wasted isolated green site surrounded on all sides by roads and developments... if we have to have developments somewhere (and we do) then this is a perfect spot.

And eventually that would apply to all the land enclosed by the bypass... its fine from my point of view as the bypass provides a natural boundary to development.

The other area (in future) would be the area beyond the school near over the ground where the HS2 tunel will be.

#8 David P

David P

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,731 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 07:14 PM

The other area (in future) would be the area beyond the school near over the ground where the HS2 tunel will be.

Methinks you are a bit out of date. HS2 is now planned to be entirely south of the by-pass.
David P