• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 PaulEden

PaulEden

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 2,721 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 04:37 PM

As my aunt and a co worker are Italian, I can't post this on Facebook without fear of retribution, so I thought I'd post it here. As far as I know, none of our members are Italian, so I feel safe in my xenophobia. :)

Anyway, http://www.bbc.co.uk...gazine-15987082 How to avoid getting 'hit by air' made me chuckle.

#2 Matthew (MPJ/Admin)

Matthew (MPJ/Admin)

Administrator

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,065 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 05:16 PM

Shame the players of A C Milan were not "hit by air" last night!
Matthew P Jones
Web Master of www.amersham.org.uk and www.metroland.org.uk

Follow Amershan News & Views on Twitter

Amersham News Views & Information is also on Facebook

Don't forget to read the Forum Rules!

#3 PaulEden

PaulEden

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 2,721 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 09:04 PM

Ah, yes. I wasn't actually making *that* point.

#4 Milton

Milton

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts
  • Interests:Cricket, music, travel.

Posted 17 February 2012 - 09:11 PM

Amusing though this is, it doesn't quite ring true. I've been in Sicily for much of the week, and was firmly "hit by air"' succumbing to a good, old fashioned head cold. Once I'd used up some old paracetamol I found in my bag I thought I'd pop into a chemist and pick up some cold remedy-Lemsip or similar. My Italian is on the non-existent side of limited, but, undaunted, I reckoned that a bit of miming and pointing would probably do the trick. I mimed and pointed furiously, and was offered a) a packet of tissues, b) some effervescent vitamin C and c) some honey & lemon throat pastilles. Nowhere could I track down anything stronger than that.

So, is this the reason for the Italians succumbing to such ailments for longer, as described in the article? If so, may be there's an unforeseen business opportunity exporting cold cures to the Mediterranean!