6 replies to this topic

#1 Sidley

Sidley

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 04:43 PM

Hi everyone,

I'm new to this site and I really just wanted to ask if it's very hard to make friends in Amersham?

I'm in my early 30's and currently living in London. I don't know anyone in Amersham so it would be nice to meet some people in the area if I decided to live there.

Thank you for reading this and I hope to hear back from someone.

#2 K&P

K&P

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 363 posts
  • Interests:Good food, good wine, The Chilterns

Posted 29 February 2012 - 04:55 PM

Hi there,

What might bring you to Amersham? Work?

#3 Bluegrass

Bluegrass

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 06:22 PM

Hi Sidley and welcome,

I guess it's like anywhere else in that making friends depends on making an effort to join local clubs/events that sort of thing. For me a big part of the social network is school. Almost all of my friends from Amersham are other parents from the school my boys are in.

Generally though I find it a pretty friendly area. Pop into the pubs in old amersham and you'll always find people to chat to. Join a gym etc etc.

Good luck!

#4 Fran

Fran

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 5,182 posts
  • Interests:Reading, writing about reading, theatre, film, restaurants, walking through woodland, Scrabble.

Posted 29 February 2012 - 10:11 PM

Another welcome from me, and I can only echo the suggestions above. Whatever your hobbies or interests are, try to take them up locally to find like-minded people.

Pop into the pubs in old amersham and you'll always find people to chat to. Join a gym etc etc.

Specifically, you could come to The Crown (opposite the Market Hall in Old Amersham) on the evening of Friday 16th March, when some of us will be meeting up for a chat and a drink or two: http://www.amersham....?showtopic=4142

#5 PaulEden

PaulEden

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 12:56 PM

You've made the first step - introducing yourself here and saying hello. :)

As Fran says above, tell us a little more about yourself.

#6 PeterC

PeterC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 481 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 01:26 PM

If you don't have children then your new social circle is likely to be based on mutual interests rather than physical proximity. The Chesham / Amersham area is very well placed with easy access to a number of major centres including London and Oxford so it should not be difficult to meet like minded poeple, although not necessarily from the next street.

With an idea of what your interests are I am sure that people will be able to suggest places to go and organisations to join both locally and regionally.
PeterC aka Chilternbirder

#7 HP6

HP6

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 09:55 AM

The "What's On" section of this forum may also help.