• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 joannahughes

joannahughes

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 05:45 AM

My mum sadly passed away 9 years ago before finding anything concrete out about her birth mother. My sister and I are hoping that someone in the Amersham area, where my mum's mum was born and raised, might know where she is, if she is alive still or even where she is buried.

She was born Kathleen Mary Hance at the Infirmary in Amersham on 2nd January 1919. She is/was related to George Thomas Hance whose name features on the Roll of Honour in the church, and also on the war memorial. He died aged 20 from mustard gas poisoning. Kathleen Mary did marry and had took the surname of Bignell. She had 2 other children besides my mum. They are called Petrona (nee Bignell) Hoar, and Raymond Bignell. Their father's name is George Bignell.

Can you help us? As I said, my mum is no longer with us. We are tracing our genealogy to fill in gaps in our knowledge. Thanks for reading this, Joanna Hughes from Lancashire.

#2 LnM

LnM

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 09:18 AM

Hi Joanna,

Is this of any use in your search?

http://www.buckingha...get.php?id=2598

#3 joannahughes

joannahughes

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 07:07 PM

Many thanks for this. I have already accessed this information and received a copy of George's death certificate the other day. Thanks again, Joanna

#4 Wharfrat

Wharfrat

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 10:26 AM

Hi Joanna

You have a PM

#5 wendyphillips

wendyphillips

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 03:32 PM

Hi Joanna, Have only just found this website so may be abit late with this information. I have been researching the Hance family for some time now as my father was Joseph Hance, he died in 1946, and I was born and still live in Amersham. Kathleen's mother was Dorothy Hance my fathers sister. All the children of George and Minnie are on the 1911 census. Only found Kathleen a few months ago whilst looking through the Amersham Union Minute Book for 1922 in Aylesbury Record Office. Will try and find out more about Dorothy.Hope this is of some help . Wendy.

#6 sandie49

sandie49

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 10:14 PM

Hi Joanna I am the daughter of Kathleen Mary Hance from her second marriage and you are more than welcome to contact me.  Sandie.