3 replies to this topic

#1 welshdragon

welshdragon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 01:59 PM

Does anyone have a child or children at this school? Looking for any feedback, good or bad...

#2 ThreeDaysGrace

ThreeDaysGrace

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 08:06 AM

My daughter started there last September, and loves it! From what I see (as anyone who has secondary school age kids will know that they never say much about school!) it's a very good school. The headteacher is an absolute STAR! Her enthusiasm is infectious!
I am very happy with it, and my daughter is doing well and enjoying it :)

#3 carkeyz

carkeyz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 10:34 AM

My brother started in September just gone and is like a different child. He was very shy and reserved and now the cocky teenage attitude has kicked in :) Bless him. He is much more confident and has met a broader group of people. Im very impressed so far. I went there but left in 2006 at the end of year 11 and recieved 9 A*-C GCSEs.
Bang Tidy Cleaning Services

We LOVE to do the jobs you Hate....

www.bangtidycleaningservices.co.uk

#4 Elliott

Elliott

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 09:44 PM

My son got 3 excellent A levels and 2 good AS levels. He's now in a top university studying chemistry. If your child wants to learn and has your support, they will do well. Most of the teachers are brilliant, and they're pretty good at recognising the faults of the so-so ones - if they don't pull their socks up they do tend to go. There's bullying at every school, but the peer counselling and mentoring is a big help and the school takes it seriously. All in all, we were very happy with it.