2 replies to this topic

#1 Weezer

Weezer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 04:12 PM

Anyone else see the bus in trouble on Woodside Road earlier this afternoon (about 2.15pm)? The fire brigade were in attendance (lucky for them the bus had got into trouble almost outside the fire station itself!) but both the bus and their fire tender were blocking the road. There was certainly a lot of smoke pouring from the engine area of the bus and it looked fairly serious.

We diverted away down Chiltern Avenue but some ignorant individuals tried getting past the stricken bus and fire tender by driving up over the pavement and grass verge outside St John's Church to get by. This was reckless given the dangerous and then unfolding situation and this sort of behaviour didn't help the fire service personnel in trying to bring the situation under control.

#2 Elliott

Elliott

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 08:39 PM

I didn't see the fire. I hope it was brought under control quickly and safely.

As regards the actions of the 'ignorant individuals' all I can do is agree with your condemnation. Idiots.

#3 Matthew (MPJ/Admin)

Matthew (MPJ/Admin)

Administrator

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,008 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 03:42 PM

From

http://www.bucksfire...tsMarch2012.htm

"Saturday 17 March, 2.08pm: Bus fire, Woodside Road, Amersham. One appliance and crew from Amersham (call sign FJC 31P1) attended. Firefighters used one hose reel."
Matthew P Jones
Web Master of www.amersham.org.uk and www.metroland.org.uk

Follow Amershan News & Views on Twitter

Amersham News Views & Information is also on Facebook

Don't forget to read the Forum Rules!