Photo

Roadworks On A416 Outside Boot And Slipper And Lots Of Other Places...

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Eaton

Eaton

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 3,490 posts
  • Interests:Animals, Birds, Reading, Crosswords, Suduko and Cross Stitch

Posted 12 April 2012 - 03:37 PM

Today there are 3 way traffic lights at the roundabout by the Boot and Slipper, there are also roadworks on Bois Lane, Chesham Bois and the road is closed except for access.

What genius decided to have roadworks on both roads?

All traffic from Amersham to Chesham and vice versa now has to go via the A416 and I even have another set of roadwork traffic lights in Waterside to get through just to get to Amersham. It took me 30 minutes at lunch time to get from where I live, into Chesham and then up the hill to Amersham....

I've told my husband to get off the train at Chalfont and Latimer this evening and I'll pick him up from there as at least I know that will only take 15 mins, at most, each way.

Whilst I accept that the water/gas pipes need replacing do they really have to be done at the same time?
Mel and Co

#2 gazza13

gazza13

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 04:05 PM

So much for the council coordinating roadworks. I thought that was the whole idea of them being let know by the utility company doing the work.

#3 Bawbag

Bawbag

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 380 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 09:12 AM

The Amersham end of White Lion Road was apparently closed, without any prior warning from what I can discern, for a period yesterday afternoon.

#4 gazza13

gazza13

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 09:54 AM

Seems there are only two way lights today, about time the gas board cleared off. They must have been about Amersham for two years now.

#5 Eaton

Eaton

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 3,490 posts
  • Interests:Animals, Birds, Reading, Crosswords, Suduko and Cross Stitch

Posted 11 May 2012 - 05:02 PM

I've avoided the road outside the Boot and Slipper for the last month due to the traffic lights, however on Tuesday morning after dropping our other car at Priests for a service, I forgot and got stuck at 6.15am and Alf almost missed his train, it was literally just pulling in as we got to the station...

Does anyone have any idea how much longer they will be there for? Also, any idea if they are planning on resurfacing that bit of road once the gas/water (whoever it is) have finished?
Mel and Co