• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#31 Frodo

Frodo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 18 July 2007 - 03:12 PM

Bucks CC will tomorrow publish the Definitive Map Modification Orders in the Bucks Examiner and also on the lanes and so begins the 8 week objection period.

The wonderful news is that Bucks CC are now going to object to the orders on the insistence of their members!

Anyone wishing to object must follow strict guidelines as otherwise their objections will be worthless. The ABC group have finalised a template objection letter which we are happy to send to anyone who wishes to object. Please contact me if you want me to send you the information.

Its is very good news that Buckinghamshire County Council have at last woken up to strength of public opinion against these proposals. This saga has now been running for over 4 years. Is it any wonder that our taxes continue to rise when we have Defra (Department of Environment, Fisheries and Rural Affairs) turning out shoddy reports that will inevitably result in a Public enquiry, that we Buckinghamshire council tax payers then have to pay for?

If these orders are not vocally challenged, the outcome will be nothing short of environmental vandalism. Walkers, riders and cyclists, who will lose a valuable safe, tranquil amenity on the urban Chesham fringe if these lanes are opened to mechanically propelled vehicles. Another piece of tranquil English countryside will converted into a racing track for the amusement of a minority.

#32 Alan

Alan

Alan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,540 posts
  • Interests:Family, Computers, the country side, the good life, pest control (Old Bill Pest Control) & anything diffrent

Posted 18 July 2007 - 04:42 PM

Bucks CC will tomorrow publish the Definitive Map Modification Orders in the Bucks Examiner and also on the lanes and so begins the 8 week objection period.

The wonderful news is that Bucks CC are now going to object to the orders on the insistence of their members!

Anyone wishing to object must follow strict guidelines as otherwise their objections will be worthless. The ABC group have finalised a template objection letter which we are happy to send to anyone who wishes to object. Please contact me if you want me to send you the information.

Send me a copy Mel

#33 Eaton

Eaton

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 3,490 posts
  • Interests:Animals, Birds, Reading, Crosswords, Suduko and Cross Stitch

Posted 18 July 2007 - 04:49 PM

Send me a copy Mel

Thanks Alan, I've PM'd you.
Mel and Co

#34 Eaton

Eaton

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 3,490 posts

Posted 02 December 2008 - 01:51 PM

Just a quick update - today was the start (and finish) of the Public Inquiry which was supposed to last between 1 and 3 days! For whatever reason the TRF (Trail Riders Fellowship) didn't bother to turn up to support their application to 'upgrade' the 3 bridleways into BOATS nor did they bother to send their Statement of Case and Proof of Evidence. However, even though the applicants were not there this is not an open and shut case and we await the Inspector's decision which will be sometime in the New Year.

You might ask yourself how long the Public Inquiry lasted bearing in mind that the hall was hired for 3 days at the expense of the council tax payers? The answer is an hour...
Mel and Co

#35 Fran

Fran

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 5,202 posts
  • Interests:Reading, writing about reading, theatre, film, restaurants, walking through woodland, Scrabble.

Posted 02 December 2008 - 02:37 PM

You might ask yourself how long the Public Inquiry lasted bearing in mind that the hall was hired for 3 days at the expense of the council tax payers? The answer is an hour...

The fact it was used for so little time is surely the fault of the TRF for not turning up.

However, I presume the hall hire is utterly dwarfed by the cost of all the hours of work and mounds of materials from many civil servants writing, printing and posting lots of long documents.

#36 Denise

Denise

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 195 posts
  • Interests:Reading, Walking, Travel, Home renovation, Piano, Arts and Crafts

Posted 04 December 2008 - 01:31 PM

However, I presume the hall hire is utterly dwarfed by the cost of all the hours of work and mounds of materials from many civil servants writing, printing and posting lots of long documents.

Yes, I have quite a stack of paper from them...

I'm glad I didn't book leave to attend.

#37 Eaton

Eaton

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 3,490 posts

Posted 15 December 2008 - 02:09 PM

The Inspector has published his decision and the good news is that the Order to upgrade these bridleways into Byways Open to All Traffic has NOT been confirmed.

They will continue to be Bridleways and anyone who uses motorised vehicles on them is breaking the law and liable to prosecution.
Mel and Co

#38 struthie

struthie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 842 posts

Posted 15 December 2008 - 06:46 PM

That is fanastic news Mel,you must be really pleased.

#39 hyposmurf

hyposmurf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,500 posts

Posted 15 December 2008 - 09:47 PM

Great!Sense has prevailed.

#40 Fran

Fran

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 5,202 posts
  • Interests:Reading, writing about reading, theatre, film, restaurants, walking through woodland, Scrabble.

Posted 16 December 2008 - 01:08 PM

They will continue to be Bridleways and anyone who uses motorised vehicles on them is breaking the law and liable to prosecution.

Good news, though a lot will depend on the extent to which it is enforced.